𝟎𝟐𝟒: 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞.

After a very tense silent drive back to the Chateau the group of Pogues were sat around a campfire

After a very tense silent drive back to the Chateau the group of Pogues were sat around a campfire. Saylor was further away from the group on the swing that hung from the tree.

She didn't know where she stood with them at the moment.

"I've had more black eyes he last month than I've ever had." Pope said as he leant forward to roast his marshmallow.

"That was building up for years. Rumble in the jungle." JJ added sitting down next to him with a plate in his hand.

"Hey, did you really stick up for Sarah?" John B asked Kie.

"Of course I did. She's a Pogue." Kie shrugged before turning to the girl in the swing. "And so are you."

Saylor looked up from the ground to see all of her friends looking at her with guilty eyes.

"We were being unfair. And I'm really sorry for all the things I said." Kie apologised. "I just didn't want to lose you, or for you to find someone better, but I shouldn't have taken my insecurities out on you."

"Your my sister, I should have been there for  you not pushing you away. You needed me and I wasn't there, and for that I am incredibly sorry" John B joined in.

"I knew how much your first day of school meant to you and I let my jealousy ruin it for you. I'm so sorry S, your the one person who supported me through everything and I didn't do the same. Please forgive me."

JJ cleared his throat before speaking. "Fuck. I'm not good at this shit." He took a deep breath. "I'm so fucking sorry. Everyone else in my life has left me, my mum... dad" Pope patted him on the shoulder in support. JJ was never this vulnerable. "And I was scared you were going to find someone new... someone better"

"I don't want anyone new, and there is no one better Jay. It's you... it's always been you. Your it for me" Saylor stood from the swing and made her way over to the group. "But please don't push me away. Any of you. I spent far to many years alone and have lost to many people to lose you guys too." Tears fell from her eyes as she spoke.

Kie was the first to wrap her arms around the girl and soon after the 3 boys had joined them.

After pulling away JJ cupped her face in his hands and pushed their foreheads together.

"I love you so fucking much."

"I love you too Jay"

"Somebody's here" John B announced after realising the chickens were going crazy in their coop.

"You don't think that Topper would..." Kie suggested.

"No, he wouldn't" Saylor cut in.

"Hey, who's out there" John B called and a familiar man in a leather jacket revealed himself.

"How y'all doing?"

"It's this piece of shit." John B groaned.

"Lovely evening we're having. Look, I, uh. I don't hold a grudge with any of y'all, all right?" Renfield then began patting himself down to show he didn't have any weapons."But this can go hard, or this can go easy. You know what I'm here for."

Everyone turned briefly to look at Pope.

"Let me give you a little demonstration. You see that swing? I got the best bow hunters in the Army Rangers with me."

"Yeah mhmm" JJ hummed calling him out.

At that second Renfield whistled and an arrow went flying past narrowly missing Popes head.

"Now, they're out there.They'll stick you just as soon as I say so." He made his way closer to Pope backing him towards the tree.

JJ followed closely behind with a large stick but Renfield whistled and another arrow came from behind and hit the ground at the tip of the blondes feet.

"Jay" Saylor warned pulling him back.

"Now, I'm not gonna give you a countdown or any bullshit like that. I'm just gonna whistle."

Slowly Pope moved his hand into his jacket pocket and pulled out the key. "This key belongs to my family."

"I'm losing my patience with you, Pope." Renfield laughed bitterly before slowly raising his fingers to his mouth maintaining eye contract without Pope as if daring him to let him whistle. Pope titled his hand forward and Renfield snatched the key from between his fingers. "Did the right thing, kid. Knowing when you don't have a choice is an under appreciated talent." He then turned to Saylor. "Your buddy Tyler knows all about that"

The brunette narrowed her eyes at the mention of the Carson boy who stabbed her in the back... well the throat.

"I'm so sick of this shit." Pope complained very obviously upset, and who could blame him.

Saylor followed her best friend as he walked away from the group and down the dock. Pope didn't want to talk and she understood that, she just didn't want him to be alone.

Resting her head on his shoulder she took his hand in hers and entwined their fingers. Pope responded by resting his head on top of hers and giving her hand a little squeeze.

They sat in silence as they watched the water pass under their feet which hung of the dock.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·