𝟎𝟑𝟗: 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐫, 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞.

"Please, wake up!" Kiara pleaded shaking an unconscious JJ by the shoulder desperately trying to wake him up

"He's pointing at us." Pope told the group anxiously as he looked up at the large cargo ship to see no other than Rafe Cameron aiming a gun directly at their boat. "We gotta get moving!"

"RAFE!" A loud and desperate scream came from the other side of the ship.

A scream that held the power to make everything stand still.

All of the Pogues heads turned to look up at the ship just to see Rafe drop the gun.

"SAYLOR!" The Cameron boy yelled at the top as his lungs as he watched the girl he loved be tossed overboard, her hands and feet bound together.

His legs moved faster then his mind could comprehend and the next thing he knew his feet were no longer on the ship as he was leaping into the cold unknown waters in the same spot the Routledge girl had been thrown into.

John B had managed to get the boat started again and the second the engine allowed him to move they made their way to the other side of the boat.

By the time they had made it Rafe had come spluttering out of the water taking deep breaths as he rapidly moved his head to look into the water.

John B and Rafe made eye contact and within a second John B was diving of the boat and into the water as Rafe once again made his way back down.

The Routledge boy was the first to spot his twin as her body swayed limply along with the waves. He grabbed Rafes shoulder before they both swam further down to the girl.

When they reached her they realised the rope around her ankles had gotten tangled on part of the ship.

They worked together pulling and tugging at the rope but it was no use.

Both the Kook and Pogue were running out of air which only increased their panic as Saylor had been down there longer than they had so it was only a matter of time before her lungs gave in.

Saylor used the last of her strength the grab a hold of her twins hand. Once he felt her hand on hers he moved so they were face to face.

Looking deep into his similar brown eyes she nodded at him. Her eyes spoke a thousand words. She was telling him it was ok, she was telling him to let her go.

He shook his head at her before pushing himself up to the surface. When he broke the water he allowed air to refill his lungs before speaking. "I need something sharp! A knife!" He rushed out and everyone on the boat began searching. "Hurry!"

When John B had left the two Saylor then grabbed the attention of the Cameron boy only this time instead of nodding she let go the very little air she had left and mouthed the words 'not your fault' before her body began to jerk and the water filled her lungs.

Rafe knew that he was never going to leave her, either he got her out or he would go down with her.

He went back to the ropes and pulled with every ounce of strength he had left in his now tired body.

As he tugged at the rope memories he shared with the now dying girl replayed over in his head.

The first time they met.

The day they finished her Harry Potter Puzzle and snuck out the house.

The night they had slept together for the first time.

Playing Guess who with Wheezie.

With that the rope gave way and Saylor was released from its hold.

Rafe wrapped his arms around her waist and swam them both to the surface where they emerged to the side of John B who had just been tossed Cleos pocket knife.

The Cameron boy held Saylors face above the water whispering pleas into her ear.

Sarah watched her brother from the boat with nothing but realisation on her face. She had never seen him so scared, he truly cared for the girl, he loved her.

John B leapt through the water and helped the very exhausted Rafe Cameron hold his twin above the water.

Pope reached into the water and with the help of Cleo pulled his lifeless best friends into the boat and placed her next to her boyfriend who Kiara had finally managed to wake up a few seconds prior.

John B then climbed back into boat only for a bullet whiz past his shoulder.

Carol stood much like Rafe once did with a gun held firmly in her grip aimed at the boat.

"You need to leave." Rafe told them from his spot still in the water. "Now!" He demanded as they hesitated. "Just please, save her."

He loved her enough to let her go.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·