𝐂𝐡.1: 𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐞

1st pov

As my phone alarm starts ringing, I immediately wake up to turn it off. My tired eyes are begging me to go back to sleep, wanting me to just sleep for the entire day.

But first, I went to check the time and day on my phone screen. It reads: "10.00 a.m, June 2022 (Saturday)".

Ah, now I remember. Today's the start of a three-month holiday before the new school year starts. Too bad that my parents ain't around the house, as they decided to take a vacation at a faraway island or something to relax without me.

It's not like they ignore me or anything, they did indeed ask me if I wanna go with them. But I denied their offer, as I prefer to stay in the comfort of my home.

What can I say? I'm just a lazy person in general. Quite typical for a teenager like me, perhaps.

Well, there's nothing better to do now but to wake up now. After all, scrolling through my phone is enough for my eyes to be fully awake, so I wash my face first before going downstairs to get some breakfast.

I don't feel like adjusting my short black hair right now, I ain't going outside anyways.

As I don't feel like cooking anything at all, I choose to eat a slice of pandan bread with a cup of milk. You might think that it is depressing, but this is pretty much what I'd usually eat for breakfast. Not a big deal anyway, since the bread isn't plain bread.

As I eat my food, I proceed to watch some YouTube videos on my phone. It may be a cooking video, or it may be talking about a music artist I like, the point is that it's always gonna be a random video that I'll watch whenever I'm eating something.

There's one habit of mine that I like to do. In the middle of eating my food, I would listen to my favourite music and start jamming to it, thus making my session longer than intended. I really like music, as music is a form of escapism of mine.

All of a sudden, I heard the sound of my doorbell ringing. I look outside through my window to see that a deliveryman has put something inside the mailbox, before leaving the lot with his truck.

Must be another delivery to my parents.

After finishing my breakfast, I wash the dishes before walking outside to pick up the mail. Don't worry, my sleeping clothes are more or less my casual clothes, the typical shirt and shorts. The only difference is that I'm wearing my shoes outside, since why would I wear my shoes inside the house?

Brining the mail in, I check to see that it is a letter, one that directly addresses me. Strange. I don't remember ordering anything online, nor do I have a letter that is meant for me. Pretty suspicious, if you ask me.

Regardless, I proceed to open up the letter once I have entered my home, reading it in the dining room as I'm too lazy to walk back up to my room right now. It reads:

My home address (I ain't leaking that shit)

11th June, 2022

Dear Jay Williams,

You may be wondering who sent you this mysterious letter. For now, all I can write here is to ask you this question.

"If you were given the chance to go to your favourite anime, what would you do?"

If you're interested, you can answer this question by writing it at the back of this letter. If not, you can just ignore the letter and get back to doing what you were doing before.

Hope that you can make a decision!😊

Regards from,

???