𝐂𝐡.5: 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡

Monday

1st pov

How old am I? I'm 14 years old, a mix between an eighth-grader and a ninth-grader in America. But since I'm attending a Japanese middle school, I'm considered a second-year middle school here. The second year of middle school is said to be the most sensitive point in someone's life.

People like to call it "the flower of one's youth", but I prefer to call it "adolescence."

Some people put all their effort into sports.

Some work hard on their studies.

Some devoted themselves to their hobbies.

Some brushed up on their talents.

Some rebels.

And then there are some who fall in love, getting a taste of bittersweet love.

All of these youthful desires come together to form the amalgamation that is "adolescence."

But why am I thinking about something that the narrator said in the anime? Well, I don't fucking know. Relatable, I think?

It's been a week since I started attending Salt Middle School, and I have gotten pretty used to the school system. Even though the only friend here is Mob, I'm hoping that I could make friends with the other students here. Well, only the notable ones I would likely make friends with since I always want to make friends with the people from the anime.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it feels weird that I'm acting like a social butterfly when in reality it's the opposite. Perhaps it is easier to make friends with fictional characters than with real ones?

Wait, are they still considered fictional people since I'm in their world now?

*bell rings*

"Stand up!" the class monitor commanded as the whole class stand up. The school bell did snap me out of my thoughts, getting me to stand up before bowing to the teacher.

"Thank you, teacher!" the whole classroom said before we sat down in our seats. Checking the time, I look at my watch to see that it is 3.15 p.m., which explains why people are leaving the classroom with their backpacks. School has ended for the day.

Immediately, I proceed to pack all of my things up and run out of the classroom. Finally, I can get out of school and relax as much as I want at home. Watching YouTube, listening to music, I can do whatever I want-

"Excuse me, are you Jay Williams?" somebody said my name before I turned around to see a male student, whose hair is nicely combed that I couldn't ignore it. He also wore a red armband on his left shoulder, with Kanji that spelled out 'Student Council'.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." I said before he shakes my hand. "What's your name?"

"I'm Hikaru Tokugawa. Thought that you'd heard about me before, but I let it slide since you're still new here."