𝐂𝐡.21: 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

1st pov

As the alarm rang through my ears, I quickly woke up to the desire of shutting it off. Looking out of the sky, I realised that it was a school day. Panicking, I quickly run down to Amanda's room only to see her missing.

'Did she left for school without waking me up?' I thought in frustration. Rushing down the stairs, I make my way to the kitchen for a quick meal. But to my surprise, I encountered Amanda sitting on the dining chair, holding her cup while maintaining her sleepwear.

"Amanda? Did you not realise what time it is?" I asked her in annoyance.

"Afternoon?" she responded nonchalantly.

"Exactly. Did we just-"

"Don't worry, I have already prepared for an absent letter." she stated while sipping her cup. "That should last for a month's time here."

"Month's time?" I spoked in confusion. Why a month?

"Look, a month's worth of time here is considered an hour in our world. Do you think that our parents would notice our disappearance?"

"...No."

"Listen, Jay." she sighed. "We can't stay in this world forever. Treat this as a vacation."

As much as I wanna disagree, she made a very good point. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I mentioned anything about my family. It was a miracle that they didn't ask me and Amanda about our whereabouts. Sounds like the 'exchange students' excuse really works to our advantage, huh?

"When will we leave?" I asked her while putting on some conveniently-placed bread on my plate.

"Tomorrow morning." she said before placing her cup in the sink. "Don't worry, it's only for a full day there, so we should be back here by October."

"Which day of October?"

"20th." she spoked, as she pointed to a calendar.

"Just like tomorrow." I said with realisation. Still, I was incredibly confused by the calculations of the differences of time. That was the only thing I could think of while biting into that empty piece of bread.

"By the way, a month that passed by here equals to an hour there. Meaning, we can only spend an hour with them."

No wonder the social media from my world wasn't updating so frequently.

"But I thought there would be doppelgängers of ourselves there to avoid legal issues." I asked her, ignoring the fact that she listened to my thoughts. "Can't they be duplicated here, since we aren't from this world?"

"Yeah, but those duplicates can't replicate our psychic powers. Hence, the likeliness for them to get killed are high." she responded. "Imagine having that happen in front of you..."

I gulped in silence.

"Exactly." she said before finishes washing her cup. "Anyway, gotta go finish my schoolwork. Do whatever you want."

After she left the room, I was left alone with my thoughts to accompanied me. What should I do before going back home? If anything, I gonna have to leave the message to the others to lessen their worries.

But other than that, what should I do?

I can scroll through online and watch YouTube videos all day. But that'd get boring very quickly.

Maybe a game? I mean, I could fulfill my Genshin commissions, but it's been months since I last played it. And the lack of motivation to do is an extra ingredient to top it all off.