𝐂𝐡.20: 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

3rd pov

Seeing his master stood up after such a devastating attack made the boy's relief as plain as day. That, and the combination of shock and surprise across the room.

'Just as I expected...' sighed Jay. He was relief that things went exactly smoothly as intended, even with his presence in the situation.

"I-Impossible." gasped Sakurai. "T-That can't be..."

"Hey, don't scare me like that! I really thought you slashed me!" pointed Reigen with an annoyed tone.

Meanwhile, Ritsu stood up in shock, wondering how his brother's 'master' can stand after he was sliced like that. Looking on the ground, he was certain that the attack wasn't fake. He then noticed Jay standing next to him, so he quickly asked him a question.

"Jay, did you just saw that?"

"Yeah, guess that's what happen when you imbued curses to a toy." he answered nonchalantly.

Ritsu looked confused at his response, only to notice the back of Reigen's shirt. The scar that supposedly placed on his back was nowhere to be seen.

"That sword was fake, huh? It felt like plastic." said Reigen with a smug. "If that's the case, were you using a trick to cut the ground earlier?"

'What is he saying?'

'He's being his usual self.'

'Mr. Reigen isn't wrong about that.'

"Well then, I'll just chop your damn head off!" shouted Sakurai as he lunged forward and took a swing on Reigen's neck.

"Ow!" Reigen flinched when the sword did nothing but bounced harmlessly. Sakurai was understandably taken aback from that outcome.

"Listen..." Reigen grabbed the blade with his hand without hesitation. "Real adults don't have time to play with toy swords."

"It's time to grow up!" he shouted before snapping the sword over his knee, rendering nothing more than useless. Sakurai's fear of the man was palpable.

'That's Kageyama's master for you, I suppose.' thought Teru.

'In the end, no matter how strong his weapon is, its roots as a plastic sword proved to be its downfall.' concluded Jay before a loud command from Matsuo interrupted his thoughts.

'Calm down. Not the time to go on a sissy fit.' he reminded himself before looking forward.

"Is it an evil spirit!?" Reigen shuddered in horror upon witnessing the monstrosity that is Candy-chan. "Hey Mob, do something."

Much to his surprise, the spirit's punch to his neck didn't caused much damage than he initially believed.

"Huh? That was a light punch." he stated. "Are you a doll?"

"Huh?"

"Are you a costume character or what!?" shouted Reigen before throwing a punch so big that it successfully exorcised the large spirit. In fact, its force was big enough to push a dumbfounded Matsuo backwards instantaneously.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to rip your costume." he waved his hands in an apologising stance.

While Ritsu questioned in confusion regarding the conman's legitimacy as a psychic, Jay could only ponder about Amanda's whereabouts. Surely, she was fine... Right?

"Don't get too cocky." said Muraki as a bunch of clones surrounded him in an instant.

"Crap. He's surrounded!" Teruki realised as he jumped down a floor to stand next to the others. Just as he was gonna there to help, Jay grabbed his hand to stopped him. Before he can even ask, he noticed that Reigen easily dismissed the clones with ease, much to the amusment of many.