𝐂𝐡.24: 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝

TW: Light mentions of mature topics. This is the Mogami Arc afterall.

1st pov

The weekend arrived quicker in the speed of sound. One moment you were relaxing in your house, the next you felt that school is over for the week. Despite the short trip between worlds, I'm glad that there were two more days to relax before catching up on my studies. Y'know, the aspect of filling in the shoes of my counterpart ain't quite bad.

But today, Amanda and I needs to attend our part-time job, considering that Mr. Reigen called us up on an urgent matter. My mind wondered why he couldn't get a smartphone, but I remembered that a flip phone is both a cheaper and convenience tool for a job involving exorcism. Not that he does the actual exorcism, but the conman can get himself in awkward situations.

And so, both Amanda and I quickly left the house and make our way to Spirits and Such. Even though it was a single day trip, the aspect of coming back to the office felt heartwarming. Almost like meeting your parents after years of not seeing them. The good ones, I meant.

After an approximately 10 minutes walk, we arrived at the front door of the office. Knocking on the door, someone opened the door for us to see that it was none other than Mob.

"Ah, you guys are here." he spoked nonchalantly. "Shisou, Jay and Amanda are here!"

"Come on in. Time for an office meeting." someone responded as we entered the place. Must've been Reigen's voice. Oh, how much I miss that familiar voice. Shame that the voice actor got into some cheating scandal, but it is what it is.

Speaking of familiarity, it felt refreshing to be back at the small but cozy office. A small desk for Mob, two small blue coaches, a small television on a shelf, a poster of Reigen himself, and that iconic desk that the boss of this venture occupied.

"Seems like everybody is here." deduced Reigen as he finishes his cup of ramen. In front of him was Mob in his yellow jacket sitting on the chair like his master. As for me and Amanda, we were dressed with casual clothes; a mint t-shirt and blue pants for me, a lavender blouse with a mini skirt for Amanda.

"So, why are we called here?" I asked the boss of my job.

"Today's request is a big one." he exclaimed with determination before pulling out a letter. "I got invited to a rich man's house."

"What's the request?" asked Mob.

"I still don't know. We'll have to go there and find out."

"That sounds suspicious." noted Amanda. "Can we see the content of this letter?"

Reigen passed the letter to her, which she then opened to see a piece of paper. Truth be told, it was indeed a very vague letter that sums it up as a rich man inviting him to the place. Quite intentionally vague, I dare say.

But both of us looked at each other in the eye, realising what this letter meant. The start of the Mogami arc, one of the deepest arc within the story of Mob Psycho 100. I can't help but look at Mob with a somber expression. Sorry Mob, but its always the most traumatizing situations that taught us the most important lessons in life.

"W-Well, what do you want us to do?" I asked him, trying to change the topic.

"Mobu and I will go to that client's place. You and Amanda will take over here for the day." he stated. "If anyone ask, you can just say that I'm busy for the day."

What an interesting plan. The former is expected, the latter isn't. How do you run an exorcism business smoothly?

"But...Are you sure you can trust us on it? What about Dimple?"