𝐂𝐡.13: 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭

1st pov

A few days have passed since I joined the club, and I could safely say that I somewhat get the hang of it. In fact, the club leader was impressed that I improved much quicker and faster than expected, especially compared to the typical time that beginners improve their skills.

And yet, I could only react confusedly at the comment, considering that I barely improved from the first day of joining this club. Heck, I'm more perplexed at the thought of putting interest into the sport, since I only joined this club to improved my physical strength for the future.

No, I don't give a damn about tennis. It ain't even remotely interesting in my eyes. That should've been obvious by now, but apparently not. Though to be fair, comparing to the other beginners at this stage, I stood out like a sore thumbs thanks to my improvement.

Its a good thing that psychic powers can help me out in a situation like this, provided that I don't overdo it so that I won't stick out even more. Maybe I could use it to my advantage?

But that isn't something I should be concerned by now, that can wait for another time. Instead, I noticed the changes within the school itself ever since the downfall of Onigawara and the rise of the ruthless student council. And they were concerning nonetheless.

What am I talking about? Well, many of the 'problem kids' in school wither changed their attitude for the better, or lose a place that belongs that resulted in them stopping going to school altogether. On the surface, it looked like if the 'spring cleaning' was executed flawlessly, since it did bring in a good school environment.

However, I wouldn't call it flawed at all. Or, to be in better words, cruel in the sense of a dictatorship. 

Those students who got caught in the immoral policies left behind a deep black scar within them as a consequence for the terribly immoral and dictator-like strategy. Worse of all, those who suggested the policies either got intoxicated to the point of having a false sense of fulfillment, or suffered to the point of miserable.

No wonder Ritsu got his psychic powers in the first place, the amount of stress and guiltiness that he garnered from this situation is immaculate. Was this the main way of getting psychic powers? If so, then does that society failed in spreading awareness of mental health?

Honestly, I don't know. The student council have some influence of the school, which can made or break your life since a club is seen as a tool to further your dream career. Having your club shut down can spell the end of your dream, as ruthless as it sounds.

Funny how the student council here is portrayed like that here when in reality they would've barely gotten shit down. At least, in my school that is. Still, the cultural differences wasn't enough to drown my disdain for this kind of practice. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.

'Jay, are you there?'

Startled from the sudden voice, looking around the classroom for any signs of someone asking me. But all I saw was the teacher teaching the focused students, so focused that it wasn't likely them right from the start. However, I figured out the person by judging on his voice, so I spoke to them telepathically while focusing on the boring lesson.

'What do you want, Takenaka?'

'Do you remember what today is?' he asked.

'...A Tuesday.' I answered. 'Why?'

'Do you remember what our club would do again?'

'No?'

'Wait, I remember now. Something to do with Tsubomi.'