𝐂𝐡.25: 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐰𝐝

3rd pov

Sadly, the end of his shift didn't signify the end of the day.

Shortly after the lady left, Jay and Amanda were greeted by the return of Reigen and Mob. Accompanying them was none other than Dimple himself, floating around them in an unamused face. Jay handed him the office keys, before sitting back on the couch.

"So...what how did it go?" he asked Reigen. The response was nothing but cold silence. He then calmly sighed before explaining everything.

Just as Jay expected, the case was a success despite its many obstacles. A powerful spirit was possessing the daughter of the client, so he invited them and may other espers to help exorcised it. The mention of her being tied to a patient's bed make Jay and Amanda uncomfortable, but they allowed their boss to continue further.

Due to a slip up regarding calling her father differently, the spirit breaks their act and caused havoc around the room. Mob then decided to enter her body to confront him, leaving Dimple to take over him temporarily. In case you're wondering about the logistics, Mob does it through an out-of-body experience. Essentially leaving the body with the spirit in the air.

"Woah, what did he look like?" asked Amanda with an astonished tone.

"He was blue and looked like um...some kind of pokemon?"

"Do you mean to say 'axolotl'?" sighed Dimple. Hearing the name, Jay pulled out his phone to search up the name of the creature.

"You mean this?" he asked him, showing the picture of the creature. 

"Yeah, but whiter. And with a blue glow." he noted. "Not gonna lie, it really does look like a Pokémon."

"And then what happened?" asked Amanda. Reigen then said that it took 30 minutes before Mob woke up again, successfully exorcising the ghost. Or so he thought before Dimple interjected him with the fact that Matsuo kept him in a jar.

"Matsuo? That one former Claw member?" questioned Jay.

"That's right. Turns out he took on the job of a psychic." said the ghost. Perhaps having a collection of spirits as pets does influence the kind of job one would pursue. A weird thought to conclude about, but at least its something nonetheless.

"And...that's all?"

"Well, um...Minori tearfully apologied for her actions, and I forgave her." spoked Mob, whose voice caught Jay off-guard from his sudden appearance. "After that, we just left the building and arrived here."

The room then went to silence. Something tells him that Mob wasn't telling the complete truth. Not that he isn't aware of said truth, but it wass all part of acting clueless. 

"What do you mean 'apologise'? Is there something you're not telling us?" asked Jay. While initially stayed silent on his question, he eventually responded with what could be considered a hellish experience. Not that he didn't describe what happened there, but he pretended to be in shock over what he was talking about.

"So you're saying that you spend six months in a world where your psychic powers went extinct and nobody gave a damn about you?" asked Amanda while comprehending what the boy said. "And that Mr. Mogami used the girl's body to torment you to a breaking point?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I could've snapped. Had Ekubo not showed up." he looked at Dimple with a sense of gratitude. Not by the expression, but from the tone of his voice. The ghost let out a small smile before Jay asked Mob another question.

"But, why did he possess the girl? Surely, there's a motive behind it. Right?"

"Mogami told me that he chooses to torment corrupt people, because of his hatred toward the cruel reality." he answered, leaving the two friends a hint. "So I believe that your guess is as good as mine."