𝐂𝐡.6: 𝐌𝐨𝐛𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝'𝐬

'insert line' = speaking telepathically

3rd pov

Telepathy, the ability to read and communicate through people's mind without your mouth. On the surface, it sounds like a power that people wish that they could have, even in their wildest dreams. But the reality is that having powers comes with problems that average people don't experience.

One such person is Momozo Takenaka. From the moment that he turned 5 years old, he realized that he was different from the others, like when he learned that the words from his kindergarten teacher didn't match the thoughts he was thinking. But no one noticed.

Another moment was the time that he tried to voice his father's true thoughts during dinner one night. After seeing his mother broke down crying from those thoughts, was what made him sensed that he did something unacceptable.

He was the only one who could read other people's thoughts, from his own understanding. It's not like he tries to hear them, it just that the thoughts of people comes to him whenever they're near him. As he grew up, those voices got louder and his range of exception got expanded.

It was absolutely torturous, so much so that it finds it harder to sleep at times. The stronger the emotions, the louder the voices becomes. But starting from 3rd grade, he found out that he could send the voice of his own heart onto others.

A guy was giving some snacks to his friends, who wondered why their friend was always carrying snacks around. The guy said that his home got a lot of snacks, but the truth is that he got those snacks through shoplifting.

When the guy thought about shoplifting again, Takenaka transmitted his own thoughts onto him, sternly warning to not do what he thought about doing, for he could get arrested for a crime like that. Out of fear, the guy returned his snacks and never appeared again.

After that incident, he would transmit his thoughts onto people, by yelling at them mentally in order to relieve stress. But he doesn't do that anymore, seeing as how people could be scared of him from his own actions.

For the sake of self-defense, he taught himself to shut those voices by wearing earplugs. He has enough of hearing people's thoughts. He has become sick of his own ability. What's a person like him gonna do when he had seen many sinister people saying things that they don't thought of.

In other words, he's gonna seal it anytime soon. No longer feeling bad for his ability anymore, not even a little. He has no intention of doing so, and he was planning on keeping it that way.

That is, until a minor incident happened yesterday. Someone accidentally bumped into it on his way to the Tennis Club meeting, causing him to fall onto the ground.

'Damn it.' he thought, annoyed.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" the guy asked him, offering his hand to pick him up. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Takenaka groaned, before standing back up. "Please do be careful next time."

"Say, what's your name?" the guy asked. "I've never seen you around here."

"Momozo Takenaka." he introduced. "What about you?"

"Jay Williams."

'Jay Williams. So this was the foreigner that everyone was thinking about.' he thought, hearing the name popping up on some of his classmate's thoughts. Normally, he isn't into some juicy topic, but he end up becoming more interested when he read Jay's thoughts.

'Momozo, huh? He was the guy that left the Telepathy Club, since he was so worried about people's appearance.'

That thought alone caught Takenaka off-guard. Not a lot of people knows that he was in the Telepathy Club, but even less people know the reason why he left. The fact that somebody who he didn't meet before knew that made him gagged.