𝐂𝐡.23: 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

3rd pov

The moment they arrived back at their home, Jay immediately jumped towards the couch to relax. The softness of the couch itself makes his landing more comfortable. The wonders of a soft cushion...

"Ah~ Home sweet home, again." he spoked softly while hugging a pillow.

"Calm down, we only spend a few hours there."

"Yeah, but it felt like days. You get me?" he said. "Besides, didn't you said that this place has passed over...How many months now?"

"A single month?"

"Yeah, definitely the estimated 3 episodes duration." he said before getting out of the couch. "Did anyone suspect anything?" he asked her.

'No, and the way you said it sounds distorted?"

"The suspicioun?"

"The 3 episodes duration?"

"In all fairness, you're the one who came up with that idea."

"Eh, fair enough." she shrugged before refilling her cup of water. "Still, I hope that the doppelgangers don't do anything stupid."

"Are they sentient?"

"No, they're under my control. Still, I do give them some liberty to act whatever felt like us." she told him. "I just hope that nobody tries to look under the bag."

Jay nodded, understanding what she meant. With not much to do, he chose to inspect the footage taken from her phone. He was curious about the way those doppelgangers interacted with the people here. 

Rewinding through the footage, it views their whole surroundings from the level of a human eye. So far it amazed me that people can't tell the difference between the real him and the fake him. Hell, even the conman himself was fooled by his doopleganger. So much so that it got a chuckle out of him.

Moreover, he was amused over his doopleganger interacting with Emi here. Not sure how he'd replicated his lookalike here, but he'd manage. However, what caught him off-guard was seeing his other self interacting with Takenaka. The guy pretty much asked him if he's the real Jay, before concluding that he wasn't.

Jay's reaction was mixed at best. He have forgotten the fact that Takenaka was the only one who knew his psychic powers, so hearing that was a reminder that he was the most likely to found out the truth. How the hell is he gonna explain to him? 

Fuck it, there's no point hiding it. Even if he can come out with some kind of excuse, that'd be immediately shelved by the telepath. Best to come clean, he sighed in disappointment.

"Amanda, should we tell Takenaka about it?" he asked her.

"Why though?" she asked before he shows the conversation to her. "Oh, that..."

"Seems like he suspected them right off the bat." he stated.

"Ya think?" she rolled her eyes in sarcasm. "You do the confession. I'm...too lazy to get out of the house."

"Aren't we all?" he told her before refilling his bottle with some lemonade. He bid farewell to her before leaving the house. Nothing like the evening sun shining bright on the neighborhood. Just what he needed to get some fresh air.

Hex texted Takenaka on the phone, asking him to meet him up. Turns out he was busy with family matters, meaning that they can only communicate through text for now. Such a shame, actually. He was gonna ask him about his home address, but now he gonna throw that plan out of the nonexistent window.

Now that he think about it, he could've just text him the truth instead of going out.

That realisation got him scratching his head in idiocy. How is he such a dumbass?