𝐂𝐡.18: 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

3rd pov

"So um... Any idea on entering the place?" Reigen asked Jay as they walked through the forest.

"Hm..." Jay wondered as he remembered what Amanda suggested to him in their DMs. "How about lying our way there?"

"Lying?"

"Of course, Mr. Reigen. Isn't that your talent as a fraud?"

"But I'm a psychic!"

"Cut the bullshit. You made one good actor, I dare say."

"Language." he responded with an annoyed tone.

"Don't worry. I won't say it in front of Mob." Jay assured him, patting his boss's shoulders. "Besides, shouldn't we focus on the main topic?"

Reigen sighed and nodded to his words. This isn't the time to argue with a child. A teenager, but a child nonetheless. He doesn't know how much time they have left to save Mob from the organisation.

Taking over the world? What kind of ridiculous goals is that? What a bunch of childish dreams that came from some typical superhero movies. And who the hell kidnaps children for goodness sakes? Who the hell in the right mind would do such a thing?

Then again, isn't he a con artist? Isn't his whole business nothing more but a fraud? Sure, he helped people through their problems, but that's by following the customers' belief of their mental problems caused by some 'ghosts'. He has to relied heavily on Mob to handle some actual exorcism after all, since his whole claim as a psychic was nothing but a lie.

"I have an idea." Jay stated as he whispered into Reigen's ear, interrupting the conman's thoughts. His expression turned from annoyed to impressed straight away.

"Hey, that's actually good. But are you certain that it'd work?"

Jay nodded to his question, dragging him to the bushes by the hand. Before Reigen could ask him about that odd action, Jay signaled for his lips to be shut. Then, both of them lifted their heads to see the enormous square building.

Their eyes focused their attention on the entrance, which was surrounded by various people in black uniforms with the logo of the organisation. Hiding their heads back in the bushes, both of them nodded to each other before proceeding with their plan.

With the guards talking to each other, the duo decided to get out of the bush and walked towards the entrance.

"Hey, who are you?! What do you both want?" shouted one of the guards after noticing their presence. This caught the other guard's attention, leading the crowd to asked various questions.

"Hey, what are you talking about? What's going on here?" asked Reigen, pointing at the building.

"Name yourself, you suspicious people!"

"Oh yeah." he said while he searched through his tuxedo. The crowd moved backwards over the fear of him taking out his gun, only for Reigen to stated that he ran out of business cards. Just like Jay expected, the crowd was confused with the act that his boss portrayed. That surely subverted their expectations.

A small smile formed on his face. He then noticed Reigen glancing at him, signalling him to help his act.

"Hey, didn't we already informed the higher-ups of this division?" Jay asked him, glancing at him with an annoyed face.

"Isn't that your job?" he replied. Jay only rolled my eyes, stating to him that he had already informed them. As if that wasn't obvious enough.

"Besides, is there something going on?" he walked forward, which one of the guards stated that they ain't telling that information to some strangers.