𝐂𝐡.17: 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

Amanda's pov

As we entered the building of this organisation, the place certainly feels like an office building. Dull, lifeless, boring and lacking. The endless amount of concrete panels surrounding the entire scope of the building made this feeling ever more present.

Needless to say, I was impressed with the fact that the designers can make this place feel dangerous and boring. Who knew that I would comparing this building to a corporation?

After Teru destroyed a security camera, a guy in Claw's uniform happened to passed by us. Before he could even get an answer on our names, he got hurled into the concrete by the combined efforts of Mob and Teru's powers, forming a spider web of cracks.

"Hey, are you trying to kill him?" chuckled Dimple.

"It's because we both aimed at him at once." deduced Teru. He then told Mob to leave the weaklings for him to handle, noting that we have to find the whereabouts of his friend's brother. As Mob casually agreed to his statement, I can't help but gaze at them with delight.

"Cute." I softly mumbled at the two loverboys. Too bad that the moment was interrupted by another foot soldier spotting us, who was then pulled to the ceiling by Teru.

"You abducted some kids. Where are there?" Teru demanded.

"T-They're in the basement..." he responded.

"Basement? Of course, why am I not surprised?" I sighed. Where else would villains like Claw put them?

"Shigeo, apparently Ritsu's here." stated Dimple.

"Well, duh. Pointing out the obvious fact." I rolled my eyes while the guy fell face-first on the floor. Dimple was irritated by my words, but Shigeo smiling in relief on the news calmed the tense atmosphere. Walking through the long hallway, I proceed to striked up a conversation to lessen the boring atmosphere.

"So... do you think that the people in charged knows about our break-in?" I asked them.

"Considered that there's two injured people and various crushed security camera, that wouldn't be a surprise." stated Dimple who quietly yawned.

I chuckled before agreeing to his words.

"You know what else is funny? I won't be surprised if this conversation was being recorded at all." I snorted at my own remark. "This is like any superhero media in a nutshell, anyways.

"Recorded?"

"Like any secret goverment places would do, Mob. Like CIA for example."

"Amanda, why are you so chill about it?"

"Teru, I take this situation seriously." I told him. "It's just that this situation felt all too cliche to me. You get what I mean?

"Um... Sorry to interrupt, but which way do we go?" asked Mob as we stopped to face the ahead that was split into three directions. Teru chose the right lane, while assigning Mob and Dimple to go to the middle lane and the left lane respectively.

"What about you, Amanda? We're in a race against time, after all?" he asked me. But before I could give an answer, a guy with red and black boots stepped into our sight, catching us in surprise. A casual-looking thug with arms so muscular that I bet simps would want to get choked by them in a kinky way.

Don't ask me where I got this, ask the Internet.

"Crap. The middle boss has suddenly showed up." Dimple sweatdropped.

"Who?" I asked before looking at Teru's tensed expression. He explained that the guy was the person whom defeated Mob and kidnapped Ritsu. Not like that I forgot that information, but saying that I know this guy will cause suspicion between the group.