𝐂𝐡.7: 𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐬-𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭

1st pov

As the sun rises, a new day has begun. It has become the norm for me to walk to school without a mask, as opposed to going there masked by a car. I have to admit, that Japanese neighborhoods feels like a nice thing to have. Having essentials being a walking distance entices people, encouraging them to walk or ride a bike freely without a single worry. This ain't America, I reminded myself.

Funny enough, I thought that I will grow tired of going to school here, as I'm not a big fan of the school system, especially with students here having to work harder on getting excellent grades. Thankfully, my parents are fine with my own average grades, knowing that I have at least tried my best. I can't imagine the high expectations that are placed on the students, no wonder Japan has a high s*icide rate.

Then again, I've grown to accept that Japan itself isn't a picture-perfect country, unlike what so many foreigners thought of. I like the culture here, but I also understood the problems here that many often ignored, such as the lack of awareness of mental health, as it is nothing more than a taboo here. Even in the present day, mental health isn't always acknowledge in Japan, so I hope that it will change in the future.

Wait, why am I ranting about this in my head on the way to school? I'm suppose to make my way to Salt Middle School, I can't afford to be late!

And so I quickly run out of the house, with my packed bag and my school uniform ready. I waved goodbye to Amanda, who already wore her school shoes before heading to her school.

As I begin walking to the school, I saw two students walking together in front of me, talking to each other with their schoolbags. Judging from their hairstyle, I immediately recognize the two of them, but only one of them knows my existence.

"Mob-kun!" I shouted while running towards them.

"Jay?" the person noticed, as he stopped to look at me panting from the run.

"Didn't expect to see you walking here, aren't ya?" I asked him.

"No, I don't." he responded.

"Uh... Nii-san? Who's that?" the other person asked.

"You have a brother, Mob?" I asked him, pretending to not know the guy. He nodded, before he introduced me to his younger brother, Ritsu Kageyama.

"Nice to meet you, Ritsu." I smiled, offering my hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Jay. You must be the American kid that Mob talked about." Ritsu said, shaking my hand. "At least Nii-san's making a friend, am I right?"

"Yes, Ritsu."

"Don't worry, I won't do anything bad to your big brother, ain't that right Mob?" I assured him before Mob nodded in response.

As we continue walking, Ritsu asked Mob a question, about why he doesn't use his powers more often. Mob explained that he doesn't get any opportunities to use them, which is kinda debateable.

"Yes, you do! And I'm telling you, there's plenty!" shouted a loud voice, one that I'm certain that Ritsu couldn't hear at this point. Walking beside Mob, I notice the source of the loud voice. A green-flying fart cloud with red-polkadot cheeks, and a face that looks too detailed for a typical ghost. Heck, the color reminded me of a certain ghost from Ghostbusters.

Looks like I've encountered the spirit himself. I've got to make sure that Dimple doesn't notice me yet, or he'll definitely call me out or something. Yes, that's literally the spirit's name. I'll explain.

 I'll explain