chapter 2: hard work

Lillys POV

I was woken up with a start by the sound of my new morning alarm. Great five o'clock in the morning stupid prince why me? I thought to myself as I carried on my daily routine and went down to breakfast.
Shoot it's 5:15 already I have to go down to the royal laundry to fetch the princes clothes.
I quickly finished my breakfast and ran down to the royal laundry room. I stood at what seemed like a reception almost. How rich were these people. I thought to myself "prince lokis laundry please" I asked the receptionist, she grumbled something and pulled out a large dry cleaned bag of clothes "thankyou" I said and headed down to the princes quaters.

"Remember Lilly the prince does not like to be woken until breakfast is served so don't knock simply put his clothes on the bed he lays sleeping in then go get his breakfast" Nancys words of advice echoed in my head loud and clear. I reached the door and quickly walked in careful not to make a sound I used my air walking ability to seem quieter and placed his clothes on the bed.
Prince loki lay sleeping he looked so peaceful but as many know loki had a troubled mind after that attack on earth the allfather confided that he stay in the palace to be watched over until loki was deemed safe enough to travel alone... He was deemed safe last year but many still believe his mind is at work with more evil schemes.
I realised I had been thinking to long and walked out to the royal kitchen to get his breakfast.
I waited just like the laundry and said "prince lokis breakfast please" the kitchen maid smiled and handed me a plate "good luck with that prince deary and be careful the last maid he had ran off and never came back" the kitchen maid said with a concerned face "okay I will thankyou" "fern.... My names fern love" she said and I smiled and made my way back to the princes bedroom.

I walked in quietly and placed his breakfast on a small table that had a chair opposite. I stood and waited for the prince to awake.
"Why are you just standing there like some gormless idiot get to work my floor need polished server wentch" said a dark menacing voice I turned around and there he was prince loki dressed in his clothes eating an apple and looking rather amused.
"Sorry sire it won't happen again" I said and bowed and grabbed a bucket and sponge "it better not" loki said and kicked over my bucket of water "now look what you've made me do clean that up this instant you fool" he said as if it was me who kicked the bucket however I frowned and began cleaning the mess and the floor at the same time "Oh and don't forget to get my books from the library you bitch" I looked up at prince loki and our eyes met I could see his pride and enjoyment of hurting me with words but then anger " you dare to lay those eyes upon you god you fool I'll have punished for this wentch" he shouted I began to clean the floor faster upset that tonight I was going to get whipped for the first time in ten years.

Many hours later

I had finished my duties for the day and may a say it was a hard first day a very hard first day and now I was going back to most likely be whipped.
"Lilly if you could follow me to the punishment room I'm so sorry dear" Nancy said.

I followed her down to the horrid room and both my arms and legs were chained to wall and Nancy began opening the back of my dress "please I didn't do anything wrong" I pleaded she gave me a look of sorrow and I heard the rattling of the whip ready to strike my back.
I screamed in agony at the first ten whips but then after that I just began to sob uncontrollably. Prince loki had ordered 100 lashes and no less.

After the whipping two servants carried me back to my room and dumped me on my bed I hissed in pain as the sheets made contact with my bare back. I soon fell asleep due to pain and tiredness.

The next morning

My alarm went off as usual and I struggled to get up due to the pain I could feel my wounds reopening which wasn't fun if I didn't get them seen to they would become infected but I don't have time to see a doctor let alone the money to ask him to help me.
I did my mourning routine without the washing cause of my back.
I skipped breakfast and went to get lokis clothes.

Lokis POV

I felt so guilty very very guilty but why that girl is but a serving wench she has no importance to me what so ever and yet I did not get one wink of sleep last night all I could hear were her soft cries in my head as she tried to sleep. I heard the Creek of my door and imediatly pretended to be asleep. I heard the soft pitter patter of feet come near and presumably my clothes put on my bed I could hear slight whimpers of pain and opened my eyes to see my clothes laid out in my bedroom.
I quickly put them on just in time for the girl to come in with my breakfast she places it on my table and walks tiredly to the floor and begins polishing it. Usually I adore silence but occasion I do not. "What is you name servant girl" I said as s turn as I possibly could "my name is Lilly sire" her voice sound weary and lost great well done loki she's broke and hurt a voice said in my head I felt angry all of a sudden that stupid voice it's always there poking fun at me. I kicked some unknown object and it flew across the room.
I didn't look where it had hit.... It was only after I heard a small shreek cone from Lilly that it had hit her.
I looked over to Lilly to see he holding her back in pain tears falling freely down her face. You know I might be a cruel idiot but this was low even for me picking on a servant girl...... I'm a prince for gods sake I should be setting a good example and yet I have just injured a powerless female what kind of person am I.

I'm a monster.

I rushed over to Lilly and helped her up "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you I was just angry is all it was" I said. She still sobbed so I sat her on my bed and asked if I could see her back.
"Okay" she said I opened the back of her dress and was met with a horrific sight. No part of Lilly back was viable just pouring blood gushing from the infected wounds. If I didn't get Lilly to the hospital wing she could do some serious damage. Suddenly she fell limp in my arms "Lilly LILLY wake up" I shook her but gained no response.
I lifted her up and sprinted all the way to the hospital wing leaving behind a trail of her blood.

"Please someone help... she's hurt" healers came running horrified at the sight of the girl in my arms. "Call freida" said the head nurse. And sure enough the queen came rushing in "loki what happened where's the girl" she said "she's in there" I pointed to the emergency until which was only used for odin when he fell into one of his sleeps.