chapter 26: waiting game

Lokis pov

I looked at Thor unable to move my legs felt as if they were reduced to jelly I fell to my knees and cried. I was not ashamed to cry for the loss of something so dear to me that poor baby. I cried and cried. Lilly is going to be so distraught when she wakes up. If she wakes up a voice says in my head which makes me sob uncontrollably.

Thor crouches down next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder "I'm sorry brother but there is still hope" he said typical of Thor always full of false hope. "Loki you must not give up hope" Steve said his voice was fading everything was fading into total darkness. "BROTHER BROTHER!" I could hear Thor beg but I could move this has only happened once before when I couldn't cope my body creates a sleep like trance and it's no telling when I will be able to wake up.

Thors pov

"BROTHER BROTHER" Cried as I shuck him trying to wake him he was going into one of his comas which hadn't happened since we'll since right after the New York accident.

"What's happened to him?" Steve asks me as I haul Lokis sleeping body over my back and for once I felt people cared for my brother other than me and father and mother.

I lay him down on the bed he was unmoving and almost not breathing. "His body has a coping mechanism and it is almost like he goes into a coma if we don't wake him up now or quickly he might be in a coma for years go and get some water Tony go get some ice natasha talk to him he can still hear us" I said poor Jane I was going to be home late tonight it was already 20:30.

"Here I got the ice' Tony said carrying in a bucket of ice and plonking it down beside me. "Hey I got the water you wanted" Steve came in and hauled two buckets beside Lokis bed.

"What do we do now?" Dr Banner said "I'm a little out of my depth here I've never treated a God before" he chuckled again.

I put Lokis body into the bath and got steve to pour the water in and Tony to pour the ice in. Sure enough Lokis body started to cool down again " should we take him out now he's turned dark blue?" Steve asked just as loki opened his not frost giant red eyes "shit" Tony said "what's happened to him?" Tony asked "I'm a frost giant not really related to Thor adopted" loki explained getting out of the bath "Oh that explains alot" Dr Banner chuckled and smiled.

Loki turned back to normal and looked depressed "thankyou everybody for your help I don't diserve such kindness after what I did to New York" Everybody patted Lokis back and said it is all in the past which I was glad for.

"I'm going to see my wife who hopefully is still carry our child" loki said as he let a tear slip and called for Heimdall in a flash loki was gone and everybody was slightly worried.