Epilogue

Aziah Connor Enriquez

"You're making takas of the meeting naman Kuya! Magagalit na naman sa'yo si Mommy!"

My younger sister and her tantrums while she's talking on the other line. I chuckled ignoring her threats.

"I don't care, I have more important things to do." I answered.

"Just tell her that you're not interested in marrying pa because you need to graduate first and then will take the Board, aced it, of course before settling down."

"I'm not marrying anyone pa Aisha."

Mas lalo pa syang nagtantrums ng ginaya ko ang pagsasalita nya. My younger sister is so adorable.

"I need to go Aisha, take care and study hard. Bye!"

"Kuya Ace!"

I ended the call as I enter the gate of our University. I parked in my usual parking space when I notice a Black Strada Pick Up with some dents and scratches. Mukhang madami ng pinagdaanan ang sasakyan na to.

I have no intentions of attending the meetings that my mother set up because I'm fully aware that it was a date and I'm not interested. They were trying to win the heart of Cassandra Galvez, the Heiress of Galvez Corporation, one of Dad's Business Partner. Ayoko pa ngang mag-asawa at mas lalong ayoko sa babaeng hindi ko mahal.

I took Engineering because it was my Father's choice then I learned to accept and loved it. We have Enriquez Empire and I'm the next CEO in the making. I maintained good grades and kept it on top of the class on my own accord because at some point, I wanted to impress my Father and I want to show him my gratitude for supporting me all the way. Never kong narinig na kinontra nya ang mga plano ko sa buhay. He was always there to support me, the exact opposite of my Mother.

Nakatitig ako sa payapang kalangitan, may mga ilang ibon na malayang lumilipad at meron ding mga namumuong ulap. I opted to stay here in the rooftop of the Engineering Building. I spend some of my free time staring at the sky and sometimes sleeping. Siguradong hinahanap na naman ako nina Archer at Clayton. Mga kaibigan ko since High School.

Ang tahimik kong pagtambay ay nabulabog nang makita ko ang isang babaeng naglalakad na parang wala sa kanyang sarili papunta sa may edge ng rooftop. At first I thought that she will just plainly stand there but to my horror, she stepped on the edge, extended her arms and about to jump. Mabilis akong tumayo mula sa pagkakaupo at agad akong tumakbo papunta sa kanya.

"Holy Shit!!!"

At bago pa sya makatalon ay hinawakan ko sya sa kanyang bewang at hinila palayo sa edge. I lost my balance and we both fell on the floor, well, ako lang pala ang tumama sa sahig kasi sya, she safely landed on my body.

"Fuck!!"

Nawalan sya ng malay after. At dahil nawalan sya ng malay, unang pumasok sa utak ko ay ang dalhin sya sa Clinic. Kaya naman binuhat ko sya and hurriedly run my way to the Clinic.

"Don't expect that I'll thank you for saving my life."

What the fuck? She's unbelievable! Iniligtas ko na nga sya pero hindi sya magpapasalamat. Mas lalo akong nakaramdam ng inis dahil kitang-kita ko sa kanya ang kagustuhan na tapusin ang kanyang buhay.

But when I met her eyes, I saw something. They were void of any emotions. It was blank, like she already lost her will to live. That's why she wanted to end her life just like that.

Maziekeen Brillantes, Architecture student.

Maze, magkatunog ang pangalan naming dalawa. Maybe she is my soulmate. Natawa ako sa sarili ko ng maisip ko yun.