45

Save Me

It was surprisingly gloomy as we alight from Ace newly purchased McLaren 720s, It maybe long overdue but I gathered the courage that I have to visit this place and I felt like this is the right time.

This is the place where my late father buried deeply in the ground. This is the first time I ever stepped on this cursed place.

Napahinto ako sa paglalakad pero marahan akong hinawakan ni Ace sa kamay at hinila na ako papunta kung nasan ang Museleo ng Daddy ko. I bit my lower lip to suppress any emotions that I might show to Ace.

It's Ace idea to visit his grave not mine para daw magkaron na ako ng peace of mind at tuluyan ng magsara ang chapter na ito ng buhay ko. I understand his reasons and I'm contemplating if I have the heart to forgive my father.

"Forgiveness does not mean ignoring what has been done or what happened in the past or putting a false label on an evil act. It means, rather, that the evil act no longer remains as a barrier to the relationship. Forgiveness is a catalyst creating the atmosphere necessary for a fresh start and a new beginning."

Through the years and after all that I went through, all the pain, wounds, scars and fear that he engraved deep in my heart but because of Ace, his love and his presence, I developed the capacity to forgive.

And like the famous quote they say, "Forgivess is the final form of love." Therefore, I forgive them not because they deserve it, but because they deserve peace.

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa kamay ni Ace ng makapasok na kami sa pinto ng puntod ni Dad. Tumingin muna ako kay Ace bago ako tuluyang pumasok sa loob.

I let out a deep sigh. I roamed my eyes and I felt the sad atmosphere. Ganito pala kalungkot dito sa Museleo nya, may mga lantang bulaklak and I wonder who brought him those, maybe Mom or his other relatives.

I prayed for his soul. I prayed that he may rest in peace.

"I forgive you Daddy. I forgive myself for giving you the forgiveness I thought you don't deserve. Let me close this chapter of my life that I hated eversince you ruined it. May your soul find the light and peace that you truly deserved. I'll be happy Daddy because I found my happiness that I thought I would never find."

"Are you ok?" Kalmadong tanong ni Ace nang makasakay kami sa kanyang mamahaling sasakyan.

"I'm good. Let's go." Sagot ko sa kanya.

"Alright."

And he rev up the engine as we left the place. The weather remains gloomy but I felt good about it. Parang ang kalma ng pakiramdam ko. I felt that something heavy has been lift up from my chest and I have an idea what is it.

Nakatingin ako sa labas ng bintana ng magring ang phone ko and it was Harvey who's calling.

"Yes Harvs?"

Sumulyap ako kay Ace na diretso lang ang tingin sa daan.

"Fine, I'll drop by."

At ibinaba ko na ang phone ko. "I need to drop by in the office. We have an emergency meeting with one of our major Clients." Sabi ko kay Ace.

"Alright, I'll drop you by then."

Napanguso ako sa sagot nya. "May pupuntahan ka? Sa EE?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

Natahimik muna sya. He let out a deep sigh before speaking. "Aisha called earlier, they wanted to have a dinner with me."

Natahimik din ako kasi alam ko kung bakit.

"You can go."

Napatingin sya sakin na nakakunot ang noo. Umiling sya saka nagpakawala ulit ng malalim na buntong hininga. Hinawakan ko ang kanyang kamay at pinagsilklop sakin.