02

Care

I blinked thrice and as I tried to open my eyes but I was blinded by the white lights. Nakakasilaw. Naging successful ba ako? Is this the after life? Napakunot ang noo ko ng unti-unting nagliwanag ang lahat sa paligid ko. Only to realized that what I'm looking at is the white ceiling of our University Clinic. Napatitig nalang ako sa kawalan.

"I'm alive."

Napapikit na naman ako. Huminga ako ng malalim.

"I know you're awake."

Isang baritonong boses ang nagpamulat ulit sa mata ko. His voice sounds familiar. Agad kong hinanap ang pinanggalingan ng boses na yun.

Our eyes met when I finally saw him sitting comfortably away from the bed where I'm lying. He is staring at me intently and for some reason it made me uncomfortable, I looked away from his dark gaze. Bumangon ako at umupo sa kama. Napahawak ako sa ulo ko dahil nakaramdam ako ng bahagyang pagkirot nito.

"Don't move yet." Aniya.

Agad nagregister sa utak ko ang nangyari. I know what happened and I'm not happy about it.

"Don't expect that I'll thank you for saving my life." I uttered.

I heard him scoffed.

"I wasn't expecting that too. But be thankful that you are still alive." He answered.

Tiningnan ko sya ng masama. Anger consumed me because I failed my attempt. I thought I'll be free. I thought I'll have my freedom. I'm fully aware what I did earlier and I never thought that someone will save me from there. I thought I was alone at that precious moment. I thought that I'll be succesful this time. But I was wrong. Akala ko magiging ok na.

"I don't want to be alive! Nagets mo? Kung hindi mo sana ako pinakailaman, malaya na sana ko!" I exclaimed.

Naramdaman ko bigla ang frustrations ko.  At dahil sa ginawa nya, dahil sa pagpigil nya sakin. I'm still here. I'm still alive.

"Do you think I'll let someone die infront of me? Like hell I would allow that! I was there when you came and you just went straight to the edge. I knew you're about to do something and I was fucking right! I knew that moment that I need to stop you." He retorted.

"I don't need saving! I don't need it, you hear me!! I don't want to be saved!"

Tears fell from my eyes because of frustration, I saw him paced back and forth. This is not the outcome that I was expecting and I can't accept the fact that a man saved me.

"Fuck!" He cursed.

"Bakit mo ako pinigilan? You don't even know me. Dapat pinabayaan mo nalang ako. Sana hindi mo ako pinigilan!"

"And let your body and blood scattered on the school ground? Hell no! That's gruesome!"

"Don't you think that I have my own reason of doing it? Bakit ka nakikialam?!"

"Because it's the right thing for me do."

Tiningnan ko sya ng masama. Kahit ano pang sabihin ko hindi nya ako maiintindihan. "You can go now. You can leave me now."

"Leave you here? No fucking way! Baka mamaya bumalik ka don at ituloy mo ang naudlot mong pagtalon."

"What the fuck?!"

"Yeah, you fucking heard me. I won't leave you here alone. Mahirap na."

"Sino ka ba at nakikialam ka sa buhay ko? Just go!!" Pagtataboy ko sa kanya.