Chapter 9

It was halloween at the salvatore school and the students decided to get into the spirit by throwing their annual halloween party at the old mill.

"Are you going to come to the party?" Lizzie asked her sister as they sat down with their lunches.

"Lizzie i'm pregnant there's literally nothing i could do at the party except watch people get drunk" Josie said.

"This is exactly why you should go! you're gonna have a baby in what? a week? at this rate, you need to enjoy your time my dear sister before my favorite niece comes."

Josie rolls her eyes "fine okay" she said and Lizzie squealed.

"Okay now we have to come up with a costume for you."

"Yay..."

Hope was in the library surrounded by books. She was already on her third cup of coffee.

She didn't want to sleep until she found out more about this witch. She didn't want Josie stressing about this.

She was getting to the part of witches using people as a magic source when she was interrupted by her boyfriend Landon who joined her in the library.

"Hey" he smiled and held out a blood-bag "thought you might be hungry."

She accepted the blood-bag "thanks" she smiled sweetly.

He smiled before sitting across from her "watcha working on?"

"Just looking for theories on the witches motives i promised Jo" she said continuing to read.

"Any luck?"

"There's this one" she says pointing at the page she was reading "using them as a power source but Josie hasn't been feeling like she lost any."

"What if it's waiting for the baby to be born to do it" Landon suggested.

Hope stopped what she was doing and looked up at him with a frown.

"I don't want it to be true! i'm just saying it's possible" Landon said hurriedly.

"Yeah" Hope sighs "i'm going to have to ask my Aunt Freya about that before i mention anything to Josie."

"Why don't we go to that party at the mill you look like you could use a drink."

"I don't really do parties you know that."

"We'll stay for like ten minutes."

"Fine."

When Hope walked into the mill she immediately saw Josie in a tight-fitting princess costume that showed off her curves and baby bump perfectly.

Hope felt her face heat up. She was glad the mill was slightly dark so no one could see how red her face was.

Josie turned seeing Hope "and what are you supposed to be dressed as" she questioned.

"I'm dressed as the tribrid cant you tell?" Hope said raising her arms and twirling.

"Honestly most original costume of the night" Josie laughed.

"Thank you I tried really hard" Hope smiled.

"Anyways what are you doing here?" Josie said taking a sip of her sprite.

"Landon here-" Hope turned already seeing Landon off talking to one of his friends "well- Landon there wanted me to come so here I am." 

"Lizzie dragged me here saying I needed to enjoy my life" Josie laughed.

Josie's laugh was beginning to become one of Hope's favorite sounds.

"Do you want to dance?" Hope said holding out her hand.

"I'd love to" Josie smiled before taking the auburn's hands.

Hope immediately took Josie to where everyone was dancing. They both started dancing and the auburn twirled the brunette before dipping her.

This made the brunette let out the most beautiful laugh.

In the distance, Finch was watching this interaction with an angry expression. She squeezed her cup a little too hard and broke it getting beer all over her clothes and shoes.