Chapter 14

I can't believe he knew. He just starts laughing and says "Surprised?" I just start laughing. "No one ever bothered to get to know me as much as you do." I say blushing and smiling. He smiles and sits beside me and whispers "I've never loved anyone more than I love you." We kiss and the second we kiss of course Haymitch has to come in. "Oh, well I'm guessing you're awake." Says Haymitch obviously trying to get on my nerves. "And I'm guessing your sober for once!" I say back. "And since when do you have a key to my house?" I ask because there's no other way he could've got in. "Oh that, yeah well, I made sure the Capitol would give me a key to your two houses, just to be safe." Says Haymitch.

Like I said stalker. Peeta and I can never do anything together without someone interrupting. People just don't understand the word privacy. "That's great." I say sarcastically. "So is there a reason you came over?" I say because if there isn't, I would like him to leave now. "Nope, I just came in to make you mad sweetheart." He says smiling and walks out of the room. I give him an evil glare when he's walking out. I see it's really warm and sunny outside for the end of November. "You wanna go outside?" I ask. "Whatever you'd like." Says Peeta smiling. It's 70 degrees outside. Practical District 12 weather, one day it's sunny, next day it's a blizzard. While Peeta goes and sets up a picnic, I change into a forest green tank top and some shorts. I better take advantage of this weather. When I get downstairs Peeta and I hold hands and walk to the backyard, where there's a perfect view of a garden. We talk and laugh.

We run around and chase each other. While he's chasing me. He finally gets me, and puts his arms around my waist. He turns me around and kisses me. It's the kind of kiss from the cave and the beach. It leaves me wanting more. Then before I know it, I'm being sprayed by water. I look over and see it's Haymitch spraying us with a hose. I'm soaked from head to toe now, and so is Peeta. "Hey! You kids need to get a room! You're out in public! Remember that!" Says Haymitch. "You're just jealous I have a relationship!" I yell back jokingly. "Oh sweetheart, your right I'm completely jealous. Yeah. That's it." He yells. Then before I know it Haymitch is getting soaked from water too. I look over and see Peeta is spraying him with our hose. It becomes a full out water fight.

Peeta and I spray Haymitch with our hose while he sprays us. It's probably the most fun all of us have ever had. We are having so much fun I didn't even notice Effie come up and I accidently spray her. She screams like someone just shot her. Peeta and Haymitch are trying so hard not to laugh, but it's not working out too well for them. "Katniss Everdeen!!!! Where are your manners!" She yells. Now we're all laughing except for Effie. She's glaring at me. "Guess I lost them. After all those boring hours of you teaching me, I just forgot. Oops" I say. Her make-up is smearing and she's starting to look like a clown, which makes us laugh even harder. "When I dry off and redo my hair, make-up, etc. you my friend will be having a big lecture about manners!" She yells and walks away. "Yeah, we'll see about that, we'll probably all be 95 years old by the time she's down with that." I say. "That lady sure is crazy." Says Haymitch.

"Well, I better get going, gotta go get drunk, see you two later." He says walking to his house. The second he gets inside it starts pouring down rain. Peeta and I dance around in the rain. Finally after what seems like hours, we go inside and dry off. When we dry off we just sit on the couch. I lay my head on his lap and he plays with my hair. It's just perfect. It reminds me of when we were on the roof for the Quell. That was when I wasn't sure who I could trust or who I loved. But that seems like years ago. Because now, I know who I can trust. And I definitely know who I love now. I can't believe I even considered Gale. Now that Im thinking about it, I've loved Peeta this whole time, I just didnt know it then. I'm starting to wonder why Peeta loves me. He doesn't deserve me. He deserves someone who can give him everything he wants.

But I'm glad he never gave up on me. I wouldn't be alive if he wasnt here with me. I hope he's happy. I like to think he is. Even if we're in danger, he's taught me to look at the bright side, we have each other. Then he stops, stands up and grips the kitchen chair and closes his eyes. He's having another flashback. He usually just needs to grip things to be okay. I run behind him and wrap my arms around him until it's over. He looks over at me and says "I'm sorry." "Don't be, it's not your fault." I say. He always blames himself. He smiles at me. And I smile back. "You know, you have the most beautiful smile." He says. I blush, no one has ever told me that before. That's because only Gale and my dad have seen me smile. Just then the doorbell rings, and I already know who it is, so I don't answer it.