Chapter 2

"Gale." I say. I'm shocked. I never ever wanted to see that cold-hearted person again. Even his name disgusts me. I just want to cry. But I hold back tears. I won't let him see me weak.

"Catnip. I'm so sorry a-" he tries saying but I cut him off. "Don't call me that. And nothing you can say or do will EVER make me even think about forgiving you." I know it was harsh and I know I hurt him but it's all I can say to hold back my tears, I bite the side of my cheek to keep me occupied.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I know it's unforgivable. And I know leaving didn't help at all. I want you to know I love you and nothing will ever change that." He says. But I still can't forgive him. "Why did you leave anyways?" I say with arrogance. "I left because of you. I couldn't face you after what I did." he says. "Well I should've been the reason you stayed."

Before I know it, he's trying to kiss me! I know Peeta and I aren't exactly together but I feel somehow kissing Gale would hurt him. And I can't hurt someone I love. So when he leans in to kiss me I push him away and run out of the woods.

So much for hunting, I think to myself. I run back home and see it's 5:30 p.m. I decide I should probably get ready. I look through my closet and find a sunset orange dress. It's strapless and goes to my knees. I think about how it's Peeta's favorite color so I decide to wear it. I find some flats and put them on. Its 5:50 p.m. So I decide to attempt putting make up on.

But when I try the 'eyeliner' or so that's what I was told it was called I bumped the counter and smeared it all over my cheek. It's 5:55 p.m. And I finally got the eyeliner off. So much for make-up I think in my head. Then I hear someone knock on the door.

I run downstairs and answer it. There stands Peeta. With primroses in his hand. He's wearing jeans and a green shirt. My favorite color. "Hey, are you ready?" He says handing my the primroses. "Yeah, let me just put these in a vase. I quickly do so and then walk through town with Peeta. I wonder where he's taking me.

I see him thinking about something. And I notice he's staring at my hand. He's probably thinking on whether or not to hold it. I decide to take his hand and hold it. It's almost funny how big he grins. We finally get to this little restaurant. He pulls my chair out and helps me in. He's so sweet. I think to myself. "Thanks." Is all I say though. He looks kind of nervous.

"So, Katniss, what have you been doing lately?" Then I think back to what I have been doing lately. Absolutely nothing. I decide not to talk about doing nothing. But before I can think it just slips out I say "I saw Gale today." Oh my gosh. Did I just say that out loud? I think I did. Why did I say that? Did I ruin my chances? I an see the hurt in his eyes. All he says is "Oh."

I bite the side of my cheek. I feel horrible now. I'm trying so hard to think of something to say. I can't believe it's this awkward between us. So I decide to say something I never thought I would say out loud "Peeta, I've missed you so much. I've been thinking about you day and night. I guess I was to scared to tell you before."

Peetas face is priceless. He literally drops his jaw and just stares. But finally he says "I'm glad you said something. I've missed you to. But I'm scared I'm going to hurt you if we start getting close again. And I could never forgive myself if I hurt you." I almost forgot about the Capitol hijacking him.

But then I say "Please don't say that. I know you could hurt me. But I know it isn't YOU hurting me. It's something the Capitol did and as long as there's still a bit of normal Peeta in there, I will be okay." He smiles and says "Well, since we're having this heart to heart talk I was thinking.......well, would you do me the honors of being my girlfriend?" Oh my gosh....

Of course I would. I think to myself. But how do I say yes without sounding desperate. But then I think 'who cares about desperate' and I say "I would love to." And then and there is where we share our first kiss in ages.