Chapter 19

How in the world did they find me? "Yeah, it's me." I say. "Katniss, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Asks a worried Peeta. "I'm fine. How did you find me?" I ask. "As soon as Annie called me saying you were gone, I went to the train station and they told me you went to the Capitol. So all night I've been calling hotels asking if you were there." He says. "Oh." I say. "Katniss, why did you leave?" Asks Peeta. "I have some business to take care of, and I knew if I told you guys, you wouldn't let me come." I say. "Oh. Well please stay where you are. I'm coming on the next train there." He says. Great. Now I have to kill Snow earlier than I thought. "Here Haymitch wants to talk to you." He says. "What in the world were you thinking! Have you gone mad? Are you trying to get yourself killed!?" Says Haymitch. "I was thinking that if I want Snow killed then I have to do it myself to get it done my way." I say.

"Do you know how worried we were?" Says Haymitch. "I had a feeling." I say. Peeta gets back on the phone and says "Katniss, I love you, I'll be there soon." "Love you too." I say and hang up. I get a big sweatshirt with a hoodie and head out the door with my bow hidden and my hood up. I'm about to walk down and see Snow talking to the front desk. Oh crap. He found me first. I run up to my room as fast as I can. I dial my house number where Peeta should be. No answer. He must already be on his way. I call Haymitch and thankfully he answers. "Hello?" He says. "Haymitch, Snow is here." I say. "What do you mean?" Asks Haymitch. "I mean he's on his way up to my room!" I say. "Okay calm down. Find a way out." Says Haymitch. But it's too late because my door opens and there he is. "Well well well my dear." Says Snow. "What do you want?" I ask. Even though I know the answer. "Oh dear, I think we both know." He says. He starts doing this evil laugh. Then everything goes black.

When I wake up I'm in a room. Everything is white. And I'm dressed in a white hospital gown. Is this where Peeta stayed when he got tortured? Am I next? Why don't they just kill me and take me out of my misery? Where's Peeta? Is he here? Or is he still coming? I hope he isn't here getting tortured anymore. Some doctor guy comes in and I literally almost kill him. I pin him against the wall. "Where am I and what am I doing here?!?" I yell. "I'm not allowed to s-" he starts. "Do I need to repeat myself!?" I yell almost choking him to death. "Okay okay. I'll tell you." He says. "Listen, Snow has you here to do some.....tests." He says and walks out. What in the world? Here's where they are going to torture me. Just like Peeta. Snow and that doctor guy I almost killed walk in. The doctor guy straps me down to a table and puts these little sticky things on me. And they walk out.

What are these things for? All the sudden I feel the worst pain I've ever felt. It's like I'm being shocked to death. Then it stops. So that's what these things are for. I can't exactly get them off when I'm strapped down. I hope Peeta will be here soon and save the day. Then I hear this voice thing in the room. "You know this is Peeta's fault." Says the voice. "No it i-" I start but feel the pain again. "Say it's Peetas fault!" Says the voice. "N-" the pain starts again. "Say it and the pain will stop." The voice says. "N-" Ow. This is horrible pain. Is this what they did to Peeta? Made him say it was my fault. And he started believing it? Ow! This has to stop. I can't say that though. "Okay, live with the pain." Says the voice. It keeps shocking and shocking and I think I'm about to pass out but I don't. This is excruciating pain.

Finally I give in and say "It's Peeta's fault." And the pain stops. It's not his fault. It's not his fault. It's not his fault. As long as I tell my mind that, I think I can stay sane. "Good." The voice says. I can't stand this. Just kill me now. Take me out of my misery. Snow finally can do what he wants to me and there's absolutely nothing I can do to stop it. I just hope Haymitch got in touch with Peeta. I feel the shocking sensation again. But they aren't telling me to do anything. It seems like hours. Torture. Torture. I'm starting to black out. I hope I do. So then I don't have to worry about the pain anymore. I'm seeing black spots. The pain isn't lessening though. I try to think about a world where nothing is wrong. It's just Peeta and I. No Snow. Nothing. Where everything is perfect. After all that, I finally black out.