Chapter 21

"Peeta?" I yell. "Peeta!" He's not here. I don't even know where I am. I'm still on the train. I hope it's the right one. I get up and try to walk out the door, but it's locked. From the other side. Why am I in here? Am I going mad? Maybe I am crazy. Am I seeing things? Oh my gosh. Where am I? Then I see Peeta. He looks worried. He's calling my name, but I can't hear him! Then I start seeing things. He look like a mutt. With a knife!?! I see blood everywhere. I see Snow laughing. Oh my gosh. Peeta's getting closer. And closer. And closer. I start walking back to a corner. This is it. I'm going to die. I start crying. "Please. Don't h-hurt me." I manage to choke out between tears. He just laughs and smirks. He gets even closer, so that he's inches away from me. I'm sitting here crying like a little baby. He's about to stab me, when I close my eyes and scream as loud as I can.

Then, I start hearing him again. "Katniss? Katniss! Are you okay? I'm not going to hurt you!" He says. I open my eyes and see Peeta. He looks so worried. And the room! It's the normal bedroom I've been staying in. Everything looks normal! What just happened? "I-I'm fine." I say. Peeta comes down to my level and hugs my tightly. "What was that?" He asks, breaking the silence. No need to lie to him. "I-I was in a room I've never seen. And I was calling for you. Before I could comprehend what was going on, you came in. At first I thought it was nice innocent you. But, then I saw blood everywhere, and Snow laughing. You were coming closer and closer to me with a knife. It was the scariest thing." I say to him. All the sudden he gets up, walks out of the room, and slams the door shut behind him. I get up, and secretly follow him. I see him approach Haymitch.

At first they just stare, but then Haymitch decides to talk. "I heard her scream. Is she alright?" He asks with a worried tone in his voice. "No! She's not alright! They tortured her! She thinks I'm out to kill her!" He practically yells. I can barely see his face, but it looks like he's going to cry. "Don't worry. We'll figure something out." Haymitch says. I doubt that. "No you won't! I've been like this for a really long time! You even said it wasn't curable! Do you know how hard it is to be this way? Always wanting to kill the person you love!?! Now she's just like me! But even worse! She's scared! Of me! I'm her fiancé and all she's sees is someone trying to kill her! I thought once the games were gone, things were going to be normal! But no! Life just doesn't work that way for us." He says. Then he breaks down. He sits on the ground and starts crying.

I'm about to run over and hug him, when Haymitch sits down next to him. He pats Peeta's shoulder and frowns. "You're right. It must suck. I don't know what you're going through. But she is like a daughter to me. We will find something. Okay? She's going to be fine." Haymitch says while trying to comfort him. "I guess you're right. I love her so much. All I want to do is protect her. Now I even failed at that!?! This is all my fault!" He whispers and starts crying again. It hurts so much to see him crying! It's like someone just shot me in the heart. "Boy, this ain't your fault. It's Snow's. He's getting into her mind. He's trying to break you both. The whole reason he wanted her to know he was alive was because he knew she would come. He knew she would come and try to beat him. But of course, he had a plan." Haymitch says.

"Yeah. Well, I better get back to her." Peeta says with a wry smile. "Just make sure she knows who the enemy is." Haymitch says. He said that to me when I was training for the Quarter Quell. I see Peeta getting up, so I run back to our room. I lay down and pretend I'm sleeping. When he walks in, he hugs me and kisses my forehead. Then he whispers, "I won't let anyone hurt you. I love you." I smile. "I love you too." I say. He smiles and pulls me into his arms. Soon, I fall asleep. When I wake up the next day, it's time to get off. I look around the bed and see Peeta is no where to be found. "Peeta?" I yell. "Just finished packing!" He yells back. I walk into the lounging area, where any passenger can sit. He puts his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck. I stare into his deep blue eyes. It's like I'm in a trance.

"So, what should we do today?" He asks with a grin on his face. I lean in and kiss him softly. When we pull away he whispers, "I'm okay with that!" I start laughing and kiss him again. Every time we touch I feel a spark. Kissing just makes those sparks fireworks. I feel someone tap on my shoulder, but just shake it off. Then that person says "I hate to interrupt your moment, but if you guys are going to continue, please go get a room." I turn and see it's Gale. "Maybe we will." I say and look back at Peeta. He's holding in a laugh. "We need to talk." Gale says. Ha. Us? Talk? No. He has a giant imagination if he thinks I'm going to talk to him. "No. We don't." I say, while trying to walk away. "Katniss. Please. Let me just talk to you for 10 minutes." He begs. "Ugh! Fine! 10 minutes! And I'm counting. Let's go get this done and over with." I say, while he leads me to a closet.

"What could you possibly w-" I'm cut off by him kissing me! Oh my gosh! How many times does he have to do this! I push him off me. "Was that your plan? Kissing me? I'm engaged! You don't go around kissing people who are getting married! I yell at him. "You're really getting married to him?" He yells at me. "Yes." I whisper. I'm about to walk away when he kisses me again! What is his problem? I push him away again. "You didn't feel anything?" He asks. "No!" I yell and walk out. But before I can, I'm being blindfolded. I feel my hands and legs being tied together, and duck tape on my mouth. I hear Gale call someone and say "Sir, I got her. I'm on my way."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hai guys! Your comments are so wonderful! They make me smile every time I read them! (: Thanks for reading!