Depression

I stand up and sway around my room. Listening to my music always helped keep the voices out of my head. The crippling voices. I sigh and turn my depressing music off. I roll up my sleeves and trace the scars with my fingers. They are old, no new ones... yet.

I sit on my bed, closing my eyes.

You are such a horrible sister. You let your sister die in every timeline. You are a disgrace.

"Hey! Punk! What's up with you? Let's go train!" Undyne shouts. I smile up at her. I pull my sleeves down.

"Okay, be out in a minute sis!" I shout. We may not be real sisters, but it sure as hell feels like it. Sad, it's another genocide run.

I stand up and walk out of my room. Undyne drags me to Snowdin. I plaster a smile on my face. She knocks on the skelebros' door. The door bursts open, revealing Papyrus.

"LET'S GO, UNDYNE!" Papyrus yells. I smile. Undyne chucks me into the house. I feel my body hit the wall. I slump as the door slams closed. I stand up and walk over to the couch.

I sit down with a sigh. Sans snores next to me. I lean over and bury my head in my hands.

"Why can't I ever save her from that stupid kid?! I.. just... want to tear them to shreds!" I cry to myself, tears streaming down my face into my hands.

"Hey..." A familiar voice trails off. I freeze. I wipe my face and plaster my fake smile.

"What's up, Sans?!" I shout with fake excitement.

"Don't be like that. I've noticed your smiles getting faker and faker." Sans explains, placing a bony hand on my shoulder.

My smile disappears. My eyes water. I quickly bury my face into Sans's jacket. I bawl my eyes out. I lean back from Sans and wipe my eyes.

"So, what's up, kiddo?" Sans asks. My eyes widen. I can't believe, I forgot that they don't know about the timelines. Shit.

"Nothing. Just some kid said some really mean things to me. I'm fine. Thanks for your concern." I lie, almost in monotone.

Sans leans back on the couch for a minute. He seems to be deep in thought. I watch his every move, waiting for a response. Finally, he grabs the sides of my face and makes me look into his eye sockets.

"(Y/N). Do you know about the timelines?" Sans asks. My eyes widen. My jaw drops.

"Yes..." I answer. He looks dead on into my eyes. He releases my face.

"Then, you know we have another genocide, huh?" He asks. I nod, leaning back onto the couch. "If you don't mind me asking, when do you battle the kid?"

"I take them on before they leave the barrier. They haven't made it past me, yet. I am not going to let them. They killed my family and my friends. They don't deserve to make it to the end. I've only fought them two or three times. I'm so sorry, Sans." I apologize.

Suddenly, I feel arms wrap around me.

"It's not your fault. All that matters is that you can make them reset." He explains. "So, just fight them sooner."

"I can't... they just... I can't..." I explain, looking at my wrists.

Sans looks at my wrists. He quickly grabs my arms. I try to pull away but, I can't. I cast my gaze away, closing my eyes.

He says nothing. He just stares. Then, he runs his bony fingers across the textured skin. He traces the lines with an elegance that is mesmerizing. He takes his hands away and pulls me into a hug. I quickly wrap my arms tightly around him. He pats my back gently, still not saying a word. He pulls away, lifting my head to meet his eyesockets.

"I know how you feel." He explains, staring into my eyes.

"You haven't had to watch your sister and your lover die, over and over and over again!" I yell, burying my face in his jacket. He rubs circles into my back.

"Who's your lover?" Sans asks, attempting to change the subject. My face heats up.

"U-uhm, heh..." I stutter. He leans down.

"Is it me?" He whispers into my ear. My face melts.

"Ack! Uh... m-maybe..." I stutter. He hugs me tightly. He chuckles into my ribcage.