The Bar

I slip into the bar, lazily slinking over to the booth.

I slide into a booth, waving down the bartender.

He seems to be a fire monster of some sort. I hold up my camera, taking a picture as soon as he steps over.

"Two bottles of hardcore whiskey, please." I order. He looks at me skeptically before walking off.

I pull out the picture, setting down the Polaroid picture. I pull out my headphones, setting them on my head. I hit the play button on my phone.

I pick up a big orange envelope, pulling out the many images. I organize them into different categories.

I tighten my ponytail, pulling out my notebook. I grimace, writing down more notes.

Two bottles of whiskey slide into my field of vision. I nod to the server, not even casting them a glance.

I pop the lid off one, drinking the liquid. It slides down my throat, coating my insides. My smile pulls into a smirk as I pick one picture.

A skeleton dressed in blue and black. He was very short from what I remember. He was a pleasure to talk to.

Suddenly, a bony hand slams onto the table in front of me. I don't even glance up from my notes.

The hand moves to my wrists.

I quickly move my legs under the table, connecting my shoe to his bones. He falls to the ground, rattled. I take another swig of my whiskey, continuing my notes.

I sense the skeleton stand. I sigh, sliding the images back into their envelope. I slide the envelope and notes back into my backpack.

I stand up gently, chugging the rest of my bottle in one swig. I set the second empty bottle down next to the other.

I set my hand on the table, my gaze on my hand. I stand confidently. The skeleton attacks me with the basic skeleton attack.

I gently lift my hand in a stopping motion. The bones fall to the ground, disappearing as soon as they hit the ground.

My face still lays in a gentle grimace. My arm falls back to my side. I walk over to the skeleton. I extend a hand to him, my hair shading my eyes.

"Names Shadow, how about we stop this pointless fight?" I ask. He looks up at me, eye glowing. He's a bar junkie. He takes my hand. I throw him through the front door.

Everyone turns to look at me.

"What? He had too much to drink. Anyone wanna try again at beating me?" I ask. One white hand makes it way to the air.

I weave through the crowd. A small skeleton dressed in purple smirks at me, impure thoughts definitely roam his mind.

"Ugh, fine."

We set the terms, starting the battle. I smile, picking up my first shot of tequila. I down it in one swig.

~

Another one under the table.