"...New"

The skeleton shyly walks into the classroom, half their skull hidden in their hoodie. Their pupils are glued to the ground. They stand directly beside the teacher.

The teacher's smile is wide as he faces the new student.

"Everyone, this is Shy!" The teacher, or Mr. Dream, explains.

The student shyly waves, their hoodie sleeves falling well over their skeletal hands.

"Please treat them with respect. Now, you can sit by..." The teacher surveys the classroom. "Pallette. Raise your hand."

A boy in the back of the classroom bounces up and down excitedly in his chair. His hand is raised high in the air.

The skeleton quickly walks to their seat, sitting down. Mr. Dream starts the day's lesson.

The new student quickly pulls out a notebook and begins to take notes.

During the class, Pallette attempted to get Shy's attention. Shy didn't seem to notice because they were so enveloped in their notes.

Soon, the class ended. Lunch was the next objective.

Shy quickly put all their stuff into their locker and pulled out their camera.

They hid the camera in their hoodie, smiling to themselves.

The student entered the cafeteria quietly. They quickly walked over to an empty table in the corner of the cafeteria. Shy sits in the seat closest to the corner.

They pull a book out of their hoodie and begin to read.

Soon, a slamming of lunch trays is heard all around the new skeleton. The newbie jumps in surprise.

"Do you mind if we sit here?" A loud voice asks.

Shy flinches before nodding.

"I don't mind." Shy states quietly.

They continue to read. Shy shyly peaks up over their book.

Three people sits around them. One is Pallette from earlier.

Another is a skeleton wearing a white hood. The skeleton is missing one of their pupils.

The final one is a skeleton with two different pupils. One is in the shape of a pink monster soul, the other round and green.

The one in the white hood turns to look at Shy. They slowly draw their skull further into their hoodie.

"What are you reading?" The white hooded skeleton asks.

Shy perks up. They begin to rant on about this book series without giving any spoilers.

~

"And that's... oh... I'm sorry. I... just realized... I went on another rant... sorry..." I stutter out, pulling my skull back into my hoodie.

"Oh, no. It's fine. I am a book lover myself and now I think I might read the series." He explains.

I smile softly inside my hood, looking down at my now closed book.

"So... what are you two nerds talking about?" The other skeleton asks.

"Books..." My muffled voice trailes off.

"Oh, cool. My name is Cray by the way. What's yours?" He asks.

"O-oh, my name is... Shy.." I explain. I cough gently and quietly into my hood.

"Are you alright?" Cray asks. I smile into my hood, nodding.

"It's just a thing with me. I'm always coughing..." I explain.