The Girl That Can See Ghosts

I smile, stretching my arms. I sit up, looking around my room.

A little boy with brown hair and blue eyes looks at me. I throw my legs over the bed, walking over to him.

"Hello, I'm Ghost. How can I help you?" I ask. He shyly looks away.

"I just want a friend." He tells me. I smile sweetly

"Of course, I'll be your friend. Come and visit me whenever you want. You can even come to school with me if you want." I tell him. I walk into my closet, changing.

I grab my backpack and the boy's hand, pulling him into the kitchen. I grab a piece of toast.

"I'm heading to school, Mom!" I yell. No response, like always. I slide my backpack over my shoulder.

I eat my toast, running to school. The boy floats behind me.

~

I make onto school grounds, letting go of the boy's hand. I turn to face him.

"So, what do you want to do?" I ask. He points behind me. Three girls and three guys walk up to me. I smile widely. "Hi, guys!"

"Don't talk, nerd. Just listen." The leader of the girls spits. I nod happily, bouncing on my feet.

"I don't think you can actually see ghosts." She accuses. I smile widely.

"Actually, I can see ghosts and demons. And if you don't believe me..." I trail off.

I lean all my body weight on the boy. They walk over, touching the air under me. I smirk, their hands fly right through him.

"Now, I have a class to get to! Bye!" I shout, grabbing the boy's hand. I run off.

~

"Can you really see ghosts?" A boy asks me. I look over at him. He is a new kid. He wears a white hood. He has long black hair and blue eyes. I nod. A very defining feature rests on his face. A big scar is cut into his cheeks, resembling a smile.

"Yeah. I can also see demons. It's really cool!" I shout, smiling. He smiles back at me.

"How old are you?" He asks. I smile widely.

"I'm seventeen." I explain. He nods, sitting next to me on the grass.

"Can we hang out after school?" He asks. I nod softly. "Don't you have to ask your parents?"

"They don't care. I pretty much don't exist to them. Where do you want to go?" I ask. He shrugs.

"How about we hang out in the forest?" He asks. I shrug, sighing.

"I used to play in there when I was little. I love climbing trees."

~

I walk to the edge of the forest, kicking the dirt. My hands rest gently in my pockets.

I hear footsteps behind me. I look up in front of me. A ghost sits on the rock in front of me. I walk away from the footsteps and over to the ghost.

"Hi." I greet. The ghost looks up, shocked.

"Hi." He greets back. His hair is black and his eyes are a dark, almost black, brown.

"Hey!" A voice yells from behind me. I turn around, the ghost disappears. The kid from under the tree runs up.

"Hi." I call back. He smiles, standing next to me. "What happened to your face?"

"It was... an accident." He explains. I nod. I quickly jump into the trees, swinging through the trees. I turn around, laughing. The kid followed me.