Coming Home pt. 2

I have my best friend pull out her camera. "Just record her reaction." She straightens my bow tie. "It sucks that (Y/N) and Jake couldn't be here. Mom and Dad's reaction are going to priceless."

"Yes, they are, dude." She states.

"Thanks, Holli. Now lets go." We enter the Christmas party and walk over to Mom and Dad. I grab a tray and carry it over to Mom and Dad. "Drinks?" I ask.

"Yes, please." Mom sticks out her hand. I walk into view of both parents. "Matt!"

Mom jumps up, despite her old age and hugs me. I hand the tray to Holli. I hug her and Dad joins the hug. I laugh. Dad laughs as I feel more arms around us. I look up. "Jake?" Mom looks up.

"Jakey!" I smile and hug him.

"Missed you, bro. Sucks that sis couldn't be here and today is her birthday too." Jake smirks.

"Yea.." Jake's smile grows and Holli turns off the camera.

~

"Presents!" Little Rose yells. I laugh.

"Okay. But only one." She points to the big box.

"Who's present is that?" She asks. I look over and read the tag.

"Mom and Dad's." I drag the heavy present over to them. "Here." We gather around. They pull off the top and (Y/N) pops out.

"Jeez, its stuffy in there." Everyone circles her in a hug. "Careful, careful!"

"I thought you were stuck in the infirmary." I ask.

"Well.." She extends her arms. Holli drags (Y/N)'s husband in with her baby.

"Oh my goodness. She's adorable." Mom squeals.