Chapter 24 - Restart

The next day ~ 7AM
Dream's View:
I woke up, sore. Thankfully, I wasn't tied up anymore but instead, in a rather comfy bed.

Shattered wasn't next to me.

I got up and went out of the room. We were in a new house. The mirror next to me showed how 'plump' I already looked.

I hated it.

Going downstairs, my legs felt like giving up but I was hungry...very hungry. I was about to fall at the end of the staircase when Shattered caught me.

[Be careful, my sunshine. We wouldn't want the babies to get hurt now, would we.]

He smiled as he carried me in a bridal style to the kitchen. He placed me down on a chair and went to the stove to finish cooking.

My back and stomach ached badly. These eggs He talked about, were they even placed and manoeuvred properly? I placed my hand on my stomach and used magic to locate the eggs. They were a lot bigger than I expected...

I began to move the two eggs about, trying to get them in a more comfortable position, so they weren't putting pressure on my back too much. A few minutes passed and Shattered unexpected grab my hand firmly and turned me around.

[I thought you would've learnt your lesson and-]

* I wasn't hurting them, I was moving them so the aching would ease a bit...

[Oh, sorry my love...]

He kissed my forehead and brought my breakfast. It was the pancakes that I used to always make for him. They were part of my comfort food...my stress foods.

Now they were made by the murderer of my happiness.

I was never going to escape this.
I just had to get used to it.

Tears rolled down my eyes and I held the fork.

[Dream..? Dream what's wrong?!]

* N-No it's okay...I'm just...h-happy..

Shattered laid his hands on my belly and stood behind me.

[These babies are so lucky that we are their parents...]

He rubbed my tummy and I blushed unexpectedly. I flinched and told him to let me eat.

And so I did.

But I went for seconds...and thirds...

[Quite the appetite you have there.]

* I'm eating for three.

I frowned as he left the room. Maybe he was right...maybe I was just getting fat. I went to wash my plate when I looked outside. We weren't in the normal timeline. There were people outside, citizens. People who were speaking positivity. I zoned back into reality when I heard the door knock. I went to open it.

"H-Hello..! My mother said I should bring you guys some fresh chocolate chip cookies as we're your neighbour..!" The little kid exclaimed, holding a plate of cookies.

Shattered came behind me, holding my waist gently.

[Thank you very much.]

"Y-You're welcome!" She gave us the plate and skipped back home.

Shattered took the cookies off me immediate and went to his office. Weirdly enough, I followed him.

* I- what are you doing?

[They could be poison.]

* It's our next door neighbour, why would they want to poison us?

He placed some of the cookie crumbs into a beaker. I frowned.