Chapter 36 - Ignored

Error's View:
Once the medication was in the IV, Ink's vitals slowly improved but nothing helped the painful contractions he was experiencing. He was fully dilated...

"Ink, You need to give a big push now, okay?"

He was sobbing in fear but had no choice in the matter...I knew he just wanted the baby to be healthy.

Dream's View:
Amelia smiled and she held the baby's head in her hand.

"One more push, okay?" Amelia said.

I held Cross's hand again as I pushed as hard as I could, screaming. Before you knew it, the sound of a baby's cry was heard and I burst into tears of happiness. Amelia and Nightmare went around the baby, cleaning him up. I held him in my arms. He held onto Cross's finger tightly and he could help but shed a few tears.

Error's View:
Ink was more panicking over the medication going into him than the pushing he needed to be doing. He was still trying to get out of this, trying to rip out the IVs...I had never seen this side to Ink and it made me feel horrible.

"Ink you need to push, just one for now, please." Ellie asked pleadingly.

* G-Get it out, p-please! GET IT OUT-!

Tears rolled down as the pain got worse and worse. I made a phone call.

* Hello?

* Ink is in labour...he's refusing to push. I feel you might be able to persuade him.

* Oh my way.

A portal opened and Reaper came walking through, frowning. He came up to Ink and held his hand.

* Ink, it's time to push...even if you don't want to. Geno wouldn't want to see you like this...right?

Ink looked restless and exhausted. He slowly nodded.

* I'm gonna sure you that you had nothing to worry about. But you've got to push.

I sat down behind Ink and laid his head on my lap so I could hold his legs in the correct position he was in a more comfortable position.

"A nice long push Ink, you can do this."

He closed his eyes and pushed as hard as he could, screaming loudly due to the pain.

"Amazing Ink! Okay stop stop so I can reposition the little one."

Ink stopped and almost passed out in utter exhaustion.

* You're doing so well Inky...

* C-Can't...

"One last push Ink, it'll be a long one but just one more okay?"

He nodded slowly but surely.

"Push."

Ink closed his eyes and pushed with all the energy he had left. He was crying while squeezing mine and Reaper's hands.

Once we heard the baby's loud, vibrant cry we all gave cheers and sighs of relief.

But Ink didn't look happy, at all.

"Here's your little baby boy. :)" Amelia gave him to me.

* PaperJam...the name even suits him.

I thought Ink would want to hold him...but he simply turned the other way, crying silently.

* Ink..?

Blue and Killer tried comforting him but he simply ignored them.

* Let me talk to him guys. Ellie you keep on checking the meds and vitals.

Blue and Killer nodded and closed the door behind them. Ellie used some sort of spell to deafen herself so she wouldn't hear.

* Ink? Ink don't you want to see your child?

He didn't answer.

* I know why you don't like medication Ink, and I will help you through anything that happens. You know we only did what was best for you and Jammy.

I went around and laid Jammy next to Ink. His eyes started to water again as he sat up to hold him.

* See, Jammy's a lucky baby to have a parent like you.

Ink sighed and cleared his eye sockets.

* Get out, I want to be alone.

* Ink-

* I said get out.

Ink gave Jammy back to me and I went, shutting the door behind me, Ellie following along. She undid the spell.

"Was everything okay?"

* He doesn't want to talk to us.

And he refused to talk to anyone for the rest of the week.

One week later...
Dream's View:
I knocked on the door and slowly opened it. Ink was at the balcony sitting down with Jammy, rocking him in his arms. He had barely spoken to anyone and seemed really shaky all of the time. Error and him had fallen out over what happened during Jammy's birth and Error hasn't been seen since yesterday.

* Hey Ink, I got us some-

* I want to be left alone, Dream.

I gave him the chocolate milkshake I bought him. He loved them.

* I really want Jammy and Lux to meet one another, it would be so adorable!

* Yeah, I guess...

I sat besides him, giving him a hug.

* Have you had any side effects?

Ink looked at me blankly.

* What? Side effects to what?

Ink had the worst memory..

* Nevermind...anyways. Why did you and Error fall out?

* I...I actually don't remember funnily enough, but I feel miserable because of it.

* Ah don't worry, couples argue every once in a while. Now c'mon, come and see Lux.

He smiled and we went together with Jammy. Lux was crying for me; I quickly picked her up and cooed her.

We placed both children down in their cots and let the cots sway them gently back and forth.

Ink took a sigh of relief before sitting on my rocking chair.

* Tired?

* Very, he seems to be hungry all the time.

* All new borns are like that don't worry, you're doing well though.

* If you say so...

A portal opened, Cross and Error stepping through. Ink smiled at Error and Error seemed to be surprise.

* Welcome back home, glitchy.

Ink stood up and hm gave Error a big hug. He smiled and hugged him back.

Cross looked at me and gave me a thumbs up.

But before the positivity could drown the rooms, both babies started crying loudly.

* I'll take him sweetheart, you need rest.

Error gave him a kiss on the cheek before Ink left for their room and Error took Jammy. Cross picked up Lux and I went downstairs to help Blue make dinner.

Everything was good.