Chapter 9 - Release

Cross's View:
I was holding Dream's hand when the beeping from the monitor began to go into emergency mode.

* Dream?!

I checked his vitals; they seemed to be dropping. What was wrong?! Blue and Dust came into the room and started to do magic scans and healing auras and thankfully soon enough, he was back in his lifeless coma.

* W...What happened to him?

Blue looked down.

* I'm afraid that if he doesn't wake up within a few hours, the lack of magic will kill him. Dream gains energy and power through positive energy, he needs it.

He apologised and went out of the room with Dust. My heart sank through the ground.

If you ever need me, you know where to find me.
I'm sorry for disappointing you...

I felt bad but she was my only chance at saving Dream. I called her.

[ "Hello? Amelia speaking" ]

She sounded so happy.

* H-Hi Amelia..

She paused.

[ "Cross? Is that you?" ]

* Yeah...I need your help.

[ "With?" ]

* Dream is going to die.

Before I could explain the situation, she was already here in a heartbeat. Nightmare and Blue walked into the room when she arrived.

* Who is this?

She looked at Nightmare, then Dream.

"I'm the girl who's about to save your twin brother." She replied.

It was clear to me that she had casted a silent spell because the room began to fill up with a pink aura. Most of it swirled around Dream. A few seconds passed by in silence before a gasp was heard. She quickly removed his breathing tube and sat him up.

* It's okay Dream, you're okay. Take deep breaths.

And so he did. She rubbed his back and I held his hands. He looked around and stopped at me. I hugged him and he hugged back tighter.

* Dream I'm so sorry...
I said.

* I can't do this anymore...please...
He whispered at me.

He refused to let go of me and instead, began to cry. His wheezing made us all concerned.

I could tell he was in so much pain.

* We'll leave you two to talk, I can tell a chat is much needed.
Amelia said as she and the others left.

Blue's View:
Dream looked at me with such emotionless eyes as I left. Nightmare held my hand.

* Nighty you need to talk to him...none of this was his fault.

* Oh yeah? And who's fault would it be then? He thought he could save his brother by copying him but he will never understand me.

* Nightmare it's-

* Whatever. I don't care what happens to him.

Nightmare walked off, leaving me in the middle of the hallway.

The next day ~ 9AM
Dream's View
I was having breakfast in bed when Nightmare entered the room. I barely noticed him.

* I'm here to get down your vitals.

I nodded, continuing in eat breakfast.

* You're being kicked out the lunchtime.