New Musical

POV Kourtney

New day. New year. New outfit.

I spent the last few hours of my holiday making an outfit for school. I have to look amazing. I'm not sure why, though, everyone already knows me.

I actually made a lot of outfits. Almost everyone from the theater group asked me to make a first-day outfit. After the outfits from Frozen, they wanted to see more of me. I'm kinda proud of that.

No, actually, I'm really proud of that.

I even made Gina a first-day outfit. She was really stressed about her new school because she thinks she won't be able to make any new friends. Yesterday, I went to her house just before she left for the airport.

She's gonna be fine, she's amazing, she'll find her place.

When I gave her the outfit, inspired by her Quinceañero outfit but then with a lot of green, she let out a few tears but it made her stronger.

For myself, I made a pink jumpsuit with a pastel yellow jacket. It might be slightly too warm but I just think it looks amazing so I have to wear it.

A few hours later I'm walking into the school with Nini on my side. I told her I loved her music but she didn't really respond. It was more like some sort of weird nod and I thought I even saw her eyes getting wet.

We walk through the hallway and Nini walks past our classroom. "Neens, you're alright? We have to be here," I ask. Nini looks at the classroom and quickly walks toward it. "Nini, you didn't answer my question, are you okay?" I ask again.

"Yeah," she starts. I can see that she's lying, I know her too well for that. "Neens," I state severely. "No, I'm not completely fine," she admits.

"Do you think I used too much autotune?" she ask. "In your song? No- why?" I ask. "You all have been super supportive but I'm not getting a lot of good reactions to my new music," Nini says.

"Is that why you're acting a bit down?" I ask. Nini nods. "Hey, girl, lemme tell you this. I loved your song and even if others don't like it, so what?! They'll like your next song," I state.

Without waiting for a response, I walk into the classroom and take a seat. After a few seconds, Nini flops down on the chair next to me and she takes a deep breath.

POV Miss Jenn

I walk into my classroom. I missed this place. It's the theater classroom. No one else except me and the theater kids come in here basically. That makes this a safe zone. Somewhere where you can be yourself.

I walk to the middle of the room and take a long, deep breath. I move my arms up and stand in that position for almost a minute when I hear a weak cough behind me.

I turn and look at the person who just ruined my moment of silence. I immediately smile. "Benjamin," I say and I look at the robotics teacher. "Jennifer," he says. "It's funny how you look like a student but are different from them because no student ever calls me Benjamin, they prefer Mister Mazzara."

"Sometimes, even Mister Mozzarella, but I don't talk about that," he adds whispering.

I frown at him. What did he mean by that? Anyway. "Why are you here, Benjamin?" I ask. "I- uh- I wanted to ask you something," he says. "What did you want to ask me?" I ask curiously.

"Uh- I don't remember- let me- let me think for a second," he says. "So you're just here to bully me again, just like last year," I tease. "No, let's not start like that," he smiles. There we stand smiling at each other for a full minute.

"So, what were you gonna ask me?" I break the silence. "I- I don't know," Benjamin says. "Okay, then if you don't mind, I have an announcement for my group and they're here any minute," I say.

Benjamin nods and walks out of the room. Almost directly when he disappeared, Carlos walks into the room with a big frown on his face.

"Miss Jenn, I may or may not have been listening but you have to explain," he says. "What just happened? I thought it was you and Zack but now-," he says and he pulls his eyebrows up.

I chuckle nervously. "I don't know what to explain because I don't really know what happened either," I say. Carlos seems to believe that and he walks further into the room.

The others are also coming in and after a few minutes, the whole room is filled with my favorite, and only, students.

"So, today we're here for the musical announcement," I start. I see some faces lighting up but when I look at Nini she just stares at the floor in front of her. She's probably just tired.

"I'm not gonna make it any more exciting than what it is," I say. "Our next musical will be..."

"Encanto!"

Yay! Who is gonna play who?! Let me know!! Thanks for reading and cya next chapter!

Love, Anna <3