Practicing

POV Gina

I walk towards Jack. "I'm gonna need your help today," I state. Jack almost jumps into the air. "Of course!" he says. "Can I come to your house?" I ask. I don't want Jack to see my mom, she's in such a rush with her new job and the new house.

Jack nods. "Sure." He walks towards the motorcycles. "You wanna get on the back?" he asks while he takes a bright green motorcycle out of the rack. I smile and climb on the back.

We drive to Jack's house, which is a massive white building with a red roof. It looks very big and expensive, though it also has a cozy vibe.

Jack grabs his keys and opens the door. "My parents aren't home, yet," he says. He leads me to the kitchen and pours me a drink.

"Where do you need me for?" Jack asks. "I need someone to practice with. I can't rehearse all the scenes alone," I say.

"So, I'm gonna be Bruno?" he says. "I was thinking of Isabela for a start," I laugh and Jack looks a bit humiliated. "I just need to practice the scenes with her," I explain.

Jack takes me to his room. I give him the script that Miss Jenn mailed to me. We start with the scene where Isabela tells Mirabel to not ruin the party.

Jack grabs a towel and puts it over his head. He walks toward me and hits my face with the fake hair. I laugh.

"You must stay in character," Jack says in a high-pitched voice. "I can't when you act like this," I chuckle. "You think I'm not acting like Isabela enough?" Jack says offended, again in his high-pitched voice.

"I think you're acting too much like Isabela," I giggle. "But I'll promise to try my best to make sure that tonight will be good," I say to get into character.

"Oh no, good is not enough. It has to be perfect," Jack says. He pronounced the last word very slowly and clearly. "Don't you dare to ruin anything, cuz I'll break you," he says.

I look at him with my eyes wide open. "How exactly were you planning to 'break' me?" I ask. "I was only joking. Sisters for life!" he states while jumping around through the room.

"But, I'm serious about one thing. Don't. Ruin. Anything. Or else." he states and he pretends to walk away.

He removes the towel from his head and smiles. "Now you can be Isabela, convince me that you're better than me," he says.

"We'll do," he starts and he looks through the script. "This scene." His finger points at the scene where Mariano proposes to Isabela. I frown. "You sure?" I ask and Jack nods.

I grab a chair and take a seat in front of Jack, who gets down on one knee.

POV Seb

I'm working in the barn. My eyes are still wet. I saw Carlos today and my heart still breaks when he's close to me. Why can't heartbreaks be easy, life would be so much easier if heartbreaks didn't hurt like this.

It feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. And believe me, that hurts.

I hear footsteps coming toward me. I feel it beat through my bones. Every slow step is louder and louder.

Only a few minutes later, my father stands in front of me. I can see the shovel in his hand. The metal. I don't think it's very nice to have that against my head.

My dad raises the shovel. "Why?" I squeak. "It's your mom's fault," he says. My dad is getting worse and worse. He doesn't need an excuse anymore to beat me.

It was getting daily and now it's getting hourly.

But a shovel... This is definitely the worst yet. I've been knocked out once, two days ago. My father wouldn't stop hitting me until I was gone. He didn't have a reason. Just because I exist, I guess.

I see the shovel moving toward me. I feel it hitting my brain. Did I just hear it crack?! I feel the pain. The inhuman pain.

I fall down on my knees and see some blood dripping from my head on the floor. Some blood is not the right description.

Everything seems like it's in slow motion. I fall toward the large pool of blood which collects under my knees.

Just before I hit the floor, everything goes black.

...

Oh gosh. I can't believe I wrote this. Shit.

Well... Ehh- I'm back! I'll try to upload every two days from now on!

I'm sorry for this chapter. I really am. You are allowed to cry. I'm crying, too.

Love, Anna <3