Encanto Part II

POV Gina

I stand in front of the stage. It's completely different from the Frozen decor. The blue and ice made place for the green trees and the big orange light representing the sun.

And is so big. It's crazy. I see Ashlyn on the other side of the stage walking towards the door without the doorknob. "Mirabel," she shouts. That's my que. I hop onto the stage but a bit before the door I suddenly stop.

The audience laughs. Good.

Ashlyn holds the big candle and I put my hands around it. I try to perform like I'm nervous. It might actually turn out great because I'm terrified I'll do something wrong, because this is the last chance of winning the Menkies.

When I try to open the door and the light on the door disappears, the whole audience gets completely dark too. That's why I love this theater, the effects here are awesome.

When the stage turns dark too I run backstage, where Kourtney puts my Mirabel-dress over my white dress from the first scene.

The music already starts while I'm still grabbing my big round green glasses. I run back onto the stage and perfectly on time I start singing.

"Drawers, floors, doors, let's go. This is our home we've got every generation."

I happily look around in the audience. I love performing, I'd rather make just enough money by doing this in the future than an office job where I'm gonna be a millionaire. Although that also sounds pretty great, being a millionaire.

I barely see people I know in the audience which is crazy given that normally only the parents of the theater kids care enough to show up to our musical. Apparently, being in the callback of the Menkies brings some audience.

"My tía Peppa, her mood affects the weather. When she's unhappy, the temperature gets weird. My tío Bruno."

Behind me everyone appears from backstage. "We don't talk about Bruno!" I'm not sure if you can even call it singing anymore, it's just screaming.

When I finished the song, I leave the stage and bump into someone on my way to the dressing room. I look up.

EJ

"Gi, can we talk," he says. "Please," he adds quickly. I notice I'm staring at him like he's a ghost but I don't feel like stopping.

If I'm honest, I missed him. I missed him so much. But what he did to Jack. Even though Jack was a complete cactus kisser. Wow, I just created a curse word, I'm so proud of myself. That's what Jack did.

But, EJ, I missed him. I want to forgive him, but how?

"Gi?" EJ asks and I nod. I follow him into one of the many small backstage rooms. "Gi, listen, I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't have ever punched Jack. And I understand that you might be angry with me forever," he starts and he pauses for a moment to take a deep breath.

"But at least I had to say sorry and see if there's maybe somewhere a chance that we can be friends again. I don't want to lose you because I did something stupid. I will always love you but that doesn't mean that you cannot love someone else," he finishes.

"I still love you, too," I say, quietly. I'm not even sure whether I said it out loud but when I look at EJ's face, I know I definitely said it loud enough for him to hear.

"We still have some things to work out, but for now," I state and I lean towards him, put my arms around him and kiss him.

Wow. Fireworks.

Right now, I'm very, really, super, duper, absolutely sure that I didn't love Jack.

After the kiss, I still hold him and he holds me as well. We're just smiling at each other like two quokka's.

"I should probably go, before Miss Jenn loses her mind," I state after a while which seems like an eternity and a second at the same time. EJ nods, still smiling.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go back to the audience," he says. "Can't wait to hear you sing waiting on a miracle, I'm sure you're gonna kill it."

"Thank," I state. "Bye." I walk back to where everyone is stressing and almost immediately walk onto the stage again.

Hiii guysss

First of all, a quokka is the literal best animal in the world. Wait, I'll put a photo of them somewhere in here if I figure out how I do that...

If you ever feel like shit, google pictures of them. I'll assure you, you'll feel better. They can't ever not smile. They always always smile. It's so great.

I hope you liked this chapter. PORTWELL IS BACK TOGETHER SOOO YAYYY. Yeah, I'm happy.

Only 3 chapters lefttt.

Love, Anna <3