15.

Hanta put the pizza on the other side of the table, not failing to notice that Shouto moved some of the familiar items away and decorated the table with a creamy tablecloth, which he took out from the upper shelf, right as if it was his house and his shelf. 

Wow. 

The exams were approaching. 

Aizawa informed the class about the survival summer camp, getting everyone super motivated. No surprise Shouto and Hanta didn't interact much, keen on shelving their feelings for the school time

Fantasizing about each other was nice but it'd be a bummer to fail a test because of muscled forearms or curved hips. Not one student would afford such a risk in the U.A. 

Even Hanta took a break from his part-time job to focus exclusively on his studies, trying to be less Sero and more Todoroki. It wouldn't hurt, to try just a little bit harder, maybe then Shouto would, well, look at him once again? 

And, of course, he would pass all exams with flying colours, duh. 

But. 

Priorities.

🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥

- So? Did you confess to her? Did you ask her out? 

Shouto very much regretted his decision of sharing his secret with Uraraka who seemed to be more excited than Prince Zuko himself. Ugh. 

- No, and if you don't stop prying, I'll be very disappointed. 

- Sorry, I'm just so exci...

- Don't be, please. Go be excited about your own crush. 

Stupid girl and her stupid heteronormative assumptions. 

Shouto left the schoolyard, deciding that he'd had enough for the day and it was time to shut everything out. After all, the first semester exams are right around the corner and he needs to catch up on everything he missed being too busy studying Hero instead of English or History. 

And so he did shut everything, plastering his gaze to the pavement, too tired to look around and risk an unexpected conversation. 

  🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥

Too bad he didn't notice a pair of wide-open, carbon black eyes that followed him briefly, from under a big tree, where four boys from 1A were attempting to study English. Far enough for Shouto to see them but close enough for them to catch the last part of his conversation.

- Did you hear what I heard? Todobro has a crush

- I can't quite believe that... did she say... 

- Oi, how about you stop mumbling and focus, Shitty Hair? And you, Sparky Bitch, stop fidgeting like you have pinworms in your ass! 

- Auch, you didn't need to beat me! 

- Yeah, Bakubro, that was very unmanly of you! And it hurt!

- I didn't beat you, I dabbed you, morons, do you want to fail the test and be left alone for the summer, like two losers you are?!