Chapter 8 - The Truth

Y/N POV
____________________________

* I quickly gasp in fright. I wake up in a room. I was on a wired looking bed, i sit up and look around. I try to feel my heart beat, it was going so fast then it started to slowly down. I feel my head, i was kinda dizzy. Then i quickly remembered what happened. I slap myself to see if i was still alive, it hurt but at least i knew I'm alive. Then i remembered that i lost. I put my knees up to my face, i hug my legs and stuff my head onto my legs. Tears fall from my eyes. I didn't win. I needed the money. I needed to win. I failed. I started thinking to myself. I slide my mask down to clean my tears.*

"I....i failed." I say as i get off the bed. Suddenly i hear knocking. I try to locate where it was coming from. It was coming from a wall.

" Hey friend, you can come out now" it was Pathy.

"How? It's just a wall, there's no door or anything."

"Just walk up to it."

I walk towards the wall and the wall pixelfades off. I see Pathy, " what now?"

" You go and get questioned by a live camera crew. Top 3 will get this every live game. I'll show you the way." I pull my mask back on and follow him. He leads me to a place decorated with everything from the Apex games. I see these green plush dinos, 3 huge flags hanging from the roof with the Apex logo, the carpet was black and red. The celling was pure glass brightening up the room, there was plants in pots and lots more.

"Your teammates are over there waiting for you friend."

" Thx Pathy."

"I love you too!"

I walk up to Lifeline and Octane. "Shadow!" They both yell in excitement. They both run up to me for a hug.

" Ya were great Shadow, you almost eliminated Wattson! She was left with 25 health when you died! "

They both let go.

" Oh..."

" No need to worry chica. You were... Awesome! And you got so many kills! Man! I wish I had that many kills, but I guess I'll have to wait next month."

" Next month!?"

" Yah, next month we will have another live game. But hey Silva you can try to get kills in 3 more days for Battle royal yah know?"

" Yeah but my fans don't get to see it! "

"Then live stream during da game ya blank headed daredevil."

" Oooh! Smart!"

" Wait. So how many times do we get to play!?"

" Well, we play a Royal game every 3 days. A live game every month and you can play arenas either ranked or normal. There is also ranked Royal. You can play those any day." Lifeline tells me.

" Do you get payed for them!?"

" I'll tell ya more info bout em, we ..' she clears her throat. " You have fans wanting to see you on camera. They have questions, yah just gotta wait for ya turn. "

" Fans?"

" Yes Amiga! You have fans!" They really liked everything you have done today! Especially the parts where you eliminated Fuse and Crypto! "

" Crypto's was funny. Yah literally asked him if he finished watching his Coco Melon. Tha was hilarious!"

" Literally!"

"Wow they loved that?"

They both nod.

" Heya look Wattson is up!" - Lifeline
____________