Chapter 20 - Drones

I recall of what'd happened, quickly I sit up in panic. " Argh! " A sharp pain is felt near my stomach. I lift my shirt up to not only see bandages covering the wound but stained blood on them. I sigh covering the wound. I carefully get off the bed making sure I don't damage myself more. I look around for the exit. I exit out the doors limping from the pain. As I arrived to the living room, I realized that everyone was asleep. I look at a nearby clock to check for the hour, it was 4:52.

" Amor!" I hear his voice.

I turn around to see him in shock jogging up to me with worried eyes. He quickly hugs me, "Angh!" I mumble to the pain as he hugs me. He backs off to the sound of me in pain.

" I'm sorry!" He retracts his hands off me. I hold my wound to soften the pain down. 

" D-Don't worry about it." 

" Hey son of the Syndicate, come check this out." Tae says in with a whisper. He was near the windows.

" Not that old man . . . But what's up." He whispers as he helps me walk to Tae. " Que? " (what?).

" Take a look." He lifts a small part of the blinds. Tavi takes a peek through the blinds. 

" No mames . . .  (No way) We're in big trouble." Tavi finishes looking and transfers his view to me. " Mira" (Look). He backs off leaving room for me to take a peek. I look through the gap. I see a lot of drone guards on the sky flying everywhere. They were scanning the place or something. 

I finish taking a look. " We need to inform Natalie about this." I look at the two of them with worried eyes. 

" I'm not the one who is going to wake her up so don't ask me. to." Tavi backs off not wanting to be a part of it.

" I'll do it, you wuss." Tae gives him a ' coward ' face as he walks over to wake her up. 

" What do you think we will have to do now?" I ask worried.

" That will be well. . . for her to decide I believe. As well as you know, I don't trust her much. " His voice changes. 

I hold his face, " But you trust me, right?"

He softens up to my words, rests his face on my hand and holds it with his's. " I trust you Hermosa." he kisses my hand, and with that, a smile appears on his face, but the smile quickly fades away as Tae arrives with Natalie by his side.

She was rubbing her eyes as she followed him. Yawning and almost bumping onto Tae. took a bit of time for her to fully awake, once she did, I told her what was going on. Just to make sure she knows the problem. I showed her how the outside is looking; she just . . . froze in disbelief. " We need to get you, and your family outa here as fast as possible! " 

" In that . . . phrase what d-do you mean as . . . in fast?" Tavi mumbles.

" Immediately!" She yells in a whisper. She speed-walks away with Tae as she drags him by the hand, " follow me." We follow. " Let me borrow your computer crypto." He hands it over and she starts doing, something. " Look at this!" She flips the computer over to our view. I panic at the view of the screen. 

It was all of the drone's camera, it switched from one to the other. There was a count of how many of them were out there looking for my family, the count was over 2k. She turned the computer towards her, she started typing. " These things are all around the Outlands in search for the mysterious intruders. We need to take your family home. There are options that will most likely succeed. " She points the screen at us. These are the locations of the drones, they are everywhere. The whole place is under a silent lockdown till morning. " 

" Can't we wait till morning then?" 

she shakes her head. " It will not be possible. They are good at finding, but since Renee used her portal, there is no trace leading to here, it will be a hard find. "