Chapter 2 - The Legends

Y/n POV
___________________________

" We should head to headquarters, it's not far from here just like a roughly 10 min walk. " Natalie says.

" That sounds great" i say.

" Here let me hold one of your luggages" Natalie insists.

"It's not that heavy but if you insist take this one" i say nicely.

We both walk for a while. I see amazing things around me, just wanting to climb them and maybe even parkour around probably explore them too. We keep walking and i see a garden near headquarters. It was such a beautiful place. It was filled with trees, vegetation, flowers, bushes, and even beautiful green grass. I don't see much of this in Washington sadly. We finally made it to headquarters. Natalie walks in and i follow.

" Our registered legend has come. We will see headmaster for the interview" she tells the person who attends. "y/n you can put your luggage right here where i put this one" Natalie says. I do as told and follow her to an elevator.

" If you don't mind me asking." Natalie questions.

"What is it?" I respond.

" How exactly did you get an apex card? You must be some sort of special person to join the games right?" She ask a bit curious.

" Well it's a long story." I respond in a worried tone while holding the back of my neck. "Natalie, I have a question, why was my phone taken away and locked up?"

"Ah yes. All electronic devices are put inside of a box so that they cannot be tracked or used during the flight."

"Why tho?" I ask curiously

"Well we do this just in case anyone records the process of transportation and the location where the airport boat is located. We don't want all of that information sent out to the fellows on earth, things could turn into a tragedy." She says quickly.

" And what if i fail the interview? What then." I ask.

"Well we will have to erase your memory from when you received the apex card. The headquarters will carefully deliver you back to your home and you will forget everything that has happened today and yesterday." She speaks.

* Ding* The elevator indicates that we arrived at the top floor. We both get out and I see 2 huge doors Infront of me.

" The headmaster is inside waiting for you." Natalie informed.

I walked a bit scared towards the headmaster's office. But before I could knock I heard a deep voice say ' come in.' I looked back at Natalie and saw her sitting in a chair, probably just waiting for me to go inside. I successfully courage myself to go in. The room was super bright, along with beautiful glass windows and a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

" How was the flight Ms. y/ln? " He asked.

"It was an amazing experience, and a fast one too."

"Good to hear that." He said, taking out a document from thin air. I looked at it with shocked and amazed eyes. "Every other legend had the same reaction you just did Ms. y/ln. This planet is way different from earth so make sure to get comfy, if you pass your interview of course."

The interview lasted for about an hour or so, it wasn't so bad but a bit lame just sitting in a chair for an hour straight. I finished it and had to patiently wait for results, I got a new phone and a piece of paper which didn't say if I was qualified to be a legend or not.

" Take this info paper along with this new phone."

"Why can't I have my old one back?" I confusedly ask.