Chapter 26 - Scan

I felt my head light, my eyes slowly flickering, revealing sunshine with every blink. There was a distant rhythm, like drums. Banging into an encanto. It got louder with each beat but then, silence.

I felt so tired for some mere reason. I felt heavy, bringing up my whole body up to sit. I rubbed my eyes, looked around, clean. My whole apartment was clean. Did I clean it? I don't remember doing so, or maybe I did. Can't recall.  

The banging rhythm came back, it was from my door. Knocking? I stared at the frame. "coming" morning voice got the better of the phrase than I did. Calmly walking, nearly tripping on air, I reach the door to the banging sound stopping. I open the door to see a woman. " Oh, hello? "

 Why is she here? This is an all-only legends complex; how did she even get here in the first place? Past the-

" Hey Tavi! Sorry, forgot the code again. Can't get it stuck in mind. " The woman kissed me on my cheek then headed right in. 

" Uhm, excuse me, but do I know you?" I rub the cheek she pecked.

She turns around confused with a smite smile on her face, " Did you hit yourself in the head ya dummy? Come here, dejame ver. "( let me see ) She approached me, leaned me forward. Checked my head, moved my jaw side to side, face left to right, moved my hair around. "Hmmm, nope you're the same Tavi." She gives me a delightful smirk with a wink before leaving me confused at the doorway. 

" So, what do you plan on doing today?" Her voice echoed from the kitchen. I walked over, seeing her preparing herself a coffee. "What the . . . " I say under my breath. Since when did I get a coffee machine? It was kinda satisfying the way she made it, it looked good, but one ingredient caught me slacking in curiosity. She added a stim to prepare her drink with. 

She gave it a sip then looked at me with cream on her top lip, she caught me staring. " What? Want some babe?" She leaned on the kitchen counter, showing me her mug with sharing intentions. 

She called me babe? But one thing for sure I wanted to taste that coffee, it looked savory. I came close, took the mug, sipped it - nothing, it tasted like nothing, maybe the stim did that?

 Well, that was weird, she laughs at my speechless reaction and takes the mug back. "Say, do you want to maybe go back to the legend hangout, call over, Natalie, Elliot, Renee, Ajay, and Tae? I was thinking that we could maybe go out somewhere." She swirls the mug around, then sips. " We could probably go right ahead and take them all to the Stunt Range, teach them what you taught me don't say?" Siping more she quiets for an answer.

"Wait a minute how do you know their names?" 

Her eyes glanced at me, drinking her coffee she stopped, choking on a few words she says,"W-what do you mean?" Coffee dripping from her mouth, scooping them back into her mouth with a finger. One of her brows rise up. "Yeah, screw hanging out, Ima go talk to Ajay about this". She dunks her coffee in the sink. And beings to dial a number on her phone.

I let her do her own thing, but I remembered she still had cream on her top lip. " [Y/N], you have cream on the top of your lip. " I say, leaving the kitchen. 

"Oh shoot" I hear her say.

Wait, [Y/N]. That name is oddly familiar, but where have I heard that name before? I stop walking, I stare at the light carpet on the floor.   . [Y/N] it sounded so familiar, but from where ? Hmm.

I slash my thoughts to the side, I walk around my apartment, looking around, its, different? The furniture is all differently arranged. It was more Important in a way I could not describe.

I headed over to my room assuming something would also have changed. For the fact that I thought, it sure did. The bed was bigger, more light shined through the window.