Chapter-18

Author P.O.V

Nicolas was stunned by Isabella's words. He didn't expect her to outburst like that. Hurting her feelings is not his motive but he was out-driven by his rage towards the situation. He sat on the bench in the garden and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

The third person who was listening to their conversation all the while smirked and walked out of there satisfied with the info he got.

Nicolas kept on repeating the sentence Isabella said.

'It is not the first time this happened to me'

'What did she mean by not the first time? Did she got harassed before too? If yes, who is it?' All these questions kept on revolving in his mind. He pulled down his hair in anger, soon he felt water droplets on his hand.

He looked up and realised that it started raining. He sighed and walked to his car. He tried to open the car door but it was locked. He searched for his car key but there was nothing in his pockets.

He looked through his car window and found the key in the car, that's when he realized that he left the key in the car. He kicked the front wheel annoyed.

Nicolas called James and informed him about the situation and asked him to come with another key. It started to rain heavily but he could care less. His mind was a mess right now, with all his flooded thoughts he just walked back to the garden and sat on the bench.

By the time James reached, Nicolas was totally drenched in the rain. James ran to Nicolas with an umbrella.

"What the hell Nico? Why are you sitting in the rain?" James scolded.

Nicolas is not in a state to answer him, he just kept staring at the ground. Bad thoughts started flooding James mind.

"Did something happen to Bella?" James asked scared to which Nicolas denied.

"Thankgod. Let's get you home first" James dragged Nicolas to the car.

Nicolas looked up at Isabella's apartment one more time before getting into the car.

Next day morning

Isabella P.O.V

I woke up with a terrible headache maybe because I cried myself to sleep yesterday. I got up and made myself a coffee to stop the pain. I sat on my couch massaging my head and last night scenes flashed in my mind.

Nico!! Did he reach home safely yesterday? I was very angry at him that I left him down there and now I feel bad. Should I call him?

I mean I just want to know if he reached safely or not, after all he saved me last night.

After debating for ten minutes, I decided to call him. I gathered my courage and dialed his number, after a few rings he answered. I cleared my throat and spoke

O.T.P

"Hello, Nico?"

He just hummed and I realised he is still mad at me.

"Um....Did you reach safely yesterday?" I asked and he again hummed in response.

"Nico, why are you not talking? Are you still mad at me?" I asked.

"Bella, I am sleepy. I will talk to you later" he spoke coldly .

But something feels off with his voice.

"Why is your---?" he cut the call before I could finish my sentence.

I sighed in disappointment. I was about to call Nico once again but there was an incoming call from James.