Chapter- 22

Isabella P.O.V

*Ding dong*

I rang the bell and my mother soon opened the door.

"Bella!" my mom welcomed with a bright smile.

"Nico, you are here too?" she hugged him and we all went inside.

We saw my dad in the living room watching some random news. I went behind him and shouted making him flinch. He turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"Oh, my precious daughter came all the way here. Did you miss your dad?" he said hugging me.

"Yes, I missed you so much" I said tightening the hug.

"Nico is here too?" he released the hug and went over Nico to hug him.

We all settled down on the sofa.

"What made both of you to come all the way here?" my mom asked.

"I am free today and Bella is on leave so, we thought to visit you" Nico answered.

"Is that so? Wait, I made some cookies yesterday. I'll bring them real quick" my mom ran into the kitchen excitedly.

"Don't forgot the milk" I shouted and we all laughed.

"Bella, you wanted to talk about something?" my dad asked.

"Ah...yes dad" I said and looked over to Nico.

Taking a deep breath, I started.

"Yesterday.....Nico told me what happened five years ago" I spoke.

"Is that so?" my dad spoke casually.

Seriously? This is not the reaction I expected. I atleast imagined that he would be shocked. But no. He just said 'Is that so?'. Now, I was the one who is more shocked.

"Why do you look so shocked?" he laughed out.

"Aren't you like....shocked, father?" Nico asked.

"Why would I be shocked? Nothing can be kept as a secret in this world, Nico. It eventually comes out, one time or the other" he smiled.

"Does mother know too?" I chimed in.

"No, dear. You know how I separate work and personal matters" he said.

Of course. What did I expect? He doesn't bring work to home and personal matters to work.

He leaves his work matters out when he removes his shoes outside. I laughed at myself for asking such a silly question.

"Here are the cookies" my mom walked to us with a tray.

"Choco-chip cookies!!!" I squealed in excitement.

I instantly took a cookie dipped it in the milk and munched on it. As soon as the flavour hit my taste buds, a satisfactory moan escaped my mouth.

"Heaven, as always" I complimented.

"Mother, you know. This morning Bella teased for not being able to cook breakfast. Can you teach me some of your cooking tips?" Nico pouted.

He is surely making some time for me and my dad to talk and by making sure my mom doesn't suspect it.

"How can she tease my precious son like that? Come on, I'll teach you some awesome tricks" my mom and Nico walked over to kitchen jumping in excitement.

I smiled brightly looking at them.

"Everything you heard was true, Bella" my dad spoke making my head snap towards him.