Chapter-17

Author P.O.V

Nicolas was waiting in the traffic for the past twenty minutes and he is growing impatient by every passing second. He called Isabella, god knows how many times, but the only thing he hears is 'The phone is currently switched off' .

He was tapping his finger on the steering wheel frustrated when his mobile chimed with a new message. He unlocked the phone and saw that James sent him the phone number he asked earlier. He dialed the number. After a few rings a male voice was heard through the phone.

O.T.P

"Hello, who's this?" the assistant director asked.

"Mr.Smith, I am Nicolas" he introduced.

"Oh, Mr.Martin. What can I help you with?" Mr.Smith asked politely.

"I just wanted to clarify something" Nicolas started.

"Ask away Mr.Martin"

"Is there any after-party being conducted today?" Nicolas asked.

Mr.Smith hands started sweating. He will for sure lose his job if the real truth comes out. He started thinking for an excuse but nothing came to his mind.

"Mr.Smith, you there?" Nicolas cut through his thoughts.

"Y-Yes, Mr.Martin" he stuttered and Nicolas found it suspicious.

"Is there any after-party? And it's better if you tell me the truth" Nicolas spoke in his deep voice which sent shivers down his spine.

Mr.Smith thought saying truth can atleast save his career.

"I am sorry, Mr.Martin. I only did what Mr.Brown asked me to do" he spat.

"Mr.Brown? Do you mean Aiden?" Nicolas knitted his brows.

"Yes Mr.Martin"

"Tell me everything you know" Nicolas boomed through the phone.

"Yesterday, when you were shooting your last scene Mr.Brown came to me and asked me to inform Ms.Reed about a fake after-party" Mr.Smith gulped after spitting out the truth.

"What the hell? And you conveyed it?" Nicolas yelled.

"I am sorry Mr.Martin. I said I can't do it but Mr.Brown said he and Ms.Reed were close so there's nothing worry about. He also gave me a sum of...." Mr.Smith trailed off.

"Sum of?" Nicolas asked agitated.

"Money. So, I couldn't resist. I am sorry Mr.Martin, please don't tell any of this to director or I will be done for" Mr.Smith pleaded.

"You better pray that Bella is safe, otherwise..." Nicolas gritted his teeth and cut the call. He threw the phone on another seat and hit the steering wheel.

"That asshole. Wait till I get there, you bastard!!" he shouted.

Isabella P.O.V

It's already been over ten minutes and none of the staff member has come. I have this weird gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. I looked up and caught Aiden staring at me.

"Aiden, can you call the director once again. Maybe today's dinner was canceled" I said.

"It's okay Isabella. We can wait a few more minutes, can't we?" he said placing a hand on mine which felt utterly uncomfortable.

I slightly pushed his hand away and got up from the chair.

"I am going to ladies room" I started walking to the door.

Him being closest to the door he reached the door handle before me and locked it.

"Are you running away now?" he said smirking.