Chapter-27

Next day Morning

Nicolas P.O.V

I blinked my eyes when I felt sun rays peeking into the room through curtains. I opened my eyes to see Bella laying on my hand.

She looked winsome sleeping in my arms.

I couldn't keep my hands to myself so I started caressing her hair to which she stirred in her sleep.

Cute.

After a while she finally woke up blinking her eyes adjusting to the sunlight.

"Good Morning!" she greeted in her morning voice.

"Morning" I said still caressing her hair.

"When did you woke up?" she asked.

"Maybe an hour ago?" I answered.

"Why are you still laying on the bed then?" she asked and I pointed to my left hand on which she placed her head.

"Oh, sorry. You should have woken me up" she said getting up from my arm.

"You looked cute sleeping in my arms. I couldn't bring myself to wake you up" I stated.

"Stop with those cheesy lines of yours" she blushed cutely.

"But you seem to enjoy those cheesy lines of mine" I wiggled my brows.

"Shut up" she shyly ran into the bathroom.

I giggled at her.

I laid back on the bed thinking about how well the things got settled between us. All these years I waited to have her back in my arms and now I couldn't ask for more. It still feels like a dream.

It was pure torture when I moved far away from her. It was the most pathetic thing I did in my life. I ran away from her without facing the truth, that's so cowardly of me.

I didn't expect her to give me a second chance but she did and for sure I am not going to mess this up.

The bathroom door unlocked breaking my chain of thoughts. I snapped my head towards the door and saw Bella coming out with her hands in her hair tying them in a bun.

I got up from bed and walked to her.

"Go and take a shower while I prepare breakfast" she said and was about to walk away when I held her hand.

She looked up at me confused.

"Can you help me?" I said pointing towards my arm.

"What? M-me?" she looked flustered.

I nodded my head.

"But—" I cut her off.

"Come on, I haven't taken a proper shower for a whole week. Help me, please" I whined and she sighed in defeat as a grin made its way to my lips.

"Ok---" she got cut off by the doorbell.

Who was at my door this early in the morning?

We both walked to the living room and Bella opened the door.

"Jamie!" she called out.

James walked inside.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?" I asked.

"First of all, it's not early in the morning and second of alI I came to check up on you. Now that you got back with your girlfriend are you pushing your bestfriend away?" James rambled.

Bella chuckled at his words.

"Can we get straight to the point?" I spoke uninterested.

"That's rude, Nico" Bella spoke.