Chapter-37

Author P.O.V

Isabella looked at the door anticipating for Nicolas to walk in and embrace her tightly saying that he is finally here and she doesn't have to be scared anymore but all her hopes went down the drain when a man in his late twenties who is obviously not Nicolas, walked in.

Isabella ignored him and still looked towards the door waiting for Nicolas to rush in but nothing happened.

"Bella" Ruby called out to and Isabella turned to her.

"Nicolas is not here" she declared.

"What? Why? Is he taking care of something else?" Isabella frowned.

Ruby shook her head in denial.

"What about James?" she asked to which Ruby shook her head again.

"Who is he?" Isabella asked pointing to the man who entered earlier with Ruby.

"Oh, he is Christopher. My elder brother" Ruby introduced.

"You never told me you have a brother. Hello!" Isabella greeted him with a smile.

"Okay, let's talk once we get out from here. My kidnapper can see us" Isabella notified them and was about to walk out when she heard two high-pitch laughs...

In Henry's cabin

"Father, what is it that you wanted to talk about? Did something happen again?" Nicolas asked breathing heavily.

After making 'the deal' with Emma, Henry immediately called Nicolas and asked him to come meet him as soon as possible. Hearing that Nicolas rushed to police station that instant.

"Nothing happened. Just listen to me" Henry started.

"Now, I am going to take you into the interrogation room and the minute we enter in all your answers should be 'Yes', 'Okay'. Nothing less nothing more. Got it?" Henry defined.

"What? What answers?" Nicolas asked confused.

"Do you trust me?" Henry asked.

"Of course, I do father but---" Nicolas got cut off.

"Then do as I say" with that both of them walked into interrogation room where Emma was waiting.

"Here I kept my promise" Henry directed his hand towards Nicolas.

"What do you take me for, Mr.Reed? Just bringing him doesn't fulfil your promise" Emma spurned.

Henry sighed and looked at Nicolas.

"Listen to me carefully, Nico. Starting from now, you should stop loving Bella. Accept Emma's love and marry her" Henry declared.

"What the--?" Nicolas stood open-mouthed.

"What are you even talking, father?" Nicolas asked with a hint of rage.

"You heard it all. Don't make me repeat. All these years I looked over you as my own son now it's time for you to repay me" Henry voice held no emotion.

"Exactly, when you looked over me as your own son all these years why are you pushing me away now?" Nicolas almost shouted.

"Cause, I want my daughter back. Nothing is more important for me than my daughter" Henry stated.

"No, I can't. I can give you anything father but not Isabella" Nicolas denied.

"You better don't cross my word, Nico" Henry warned.

"I thought you would come to me all settled. Why are you discussing it now?" Emma asked irritated by Nicolas stubborn denials.

"Settled? Discussion? What is happening?" Nicolas asked frustrated.