Chapter-20 (Part-1)

Nicolas P.O.V

"If I didn't, you might have ended up like my parents!!!" words slipped off from my mouth and my eyes widened realising what I just said.

"What?" Bella scrunched her face in confusion.

Oh my god....

"What did you just say? What do you mean by 'I might have ended up like your parents'? Why would I?" Bella asked.

What the hell did I just spat out?

"What? Are you hearing things, Bella?" I said trying to act serious.

"Stop acting and start explaining" Bella asked anxious. She's not in a mood to play around.

But is it about time for her to know the truth?

"Bella, listen it is already in the past. Let's put it over us" I tried convincing her.

But I know she is not going to let this topic go.

"Please?" I tried one more time but she was just staring at me for answer.

"Okay you don't have to say anything and don't ever show your face to me" she grabbed the car handle ready to get out.

"Wait! Wait" I grabbed her arm.

"I'll explain everything.....if that's what you really want!" I sighed.

Flashback

5 years ago

Author P.O.V

Nicolas was in the class trying to stay awake from the boring lecture. Geometry was never his thing. Isabella was attending another class.

Finally, the bell rang indicating that the class was finished. Nicolas got up from his seat and walked out. He started walking to the lockers when his phone rang. He looked at the caller id, it was an unknown number. Hesitantly he picked up the phone.

O.T.P

"Hello, who's this?" Nicolas enquired and soon a chuckle was heard from the other side.

"Wanna know who I am? Maybe your parents can tell you. Oh shoot, they are already dead!" the other spoke with a vicious laugh.

"What the hell are you talking?" Nicolas shouted but soon realised he was drawing attention so, he exited the building and walked to the garden.

"So much anger for a 18 year old boy" the male voice laughed which made Nicolas more irritated.

"Who the hell are you?" Nicolas asked again.

"You can't wait to know about me, can you? Meet me at xxx place in 10 minutes" the male voice proposed.

"And why would I?" Nicolas questioned.

"I have this red pendant necklace with me, I suppose this was your mother's. I can get a decent price for selling this but I thought of returning it to you as it was the only thing left from your parents" the male voice reasoned.

"What? Why did you have my mother's necklace?" Nicolas yelled.

"Come to xxx place to find out and also make sure to come alone" the line got cut.

Nicolas mind stopped functioning. He wasn't thinking straight. He has no idea what to do but for sure he's gonna find out why some stranger has his mother's necklace.

He walked to his locker and placed his books inside. He turned around only to find Isabella standing infront of him.

"Nico, where were you?" Isabella asked.

"I was in the garden" Nicolas spoke trying to act normal.

"Oh okay. Come on, we have next class together" Isabella hooked her arm with Nicolas.

"Ah...Bella. Something came up. I will not be attending the class" Nico spoke.

"What is it?" Isabella asked worried.

"It's nothing to worry about. I am in a hurry so I'll call you later" he said and walked away after pecking Isabella's forehead.

"Don't forgot about our date tonight" Isabella shouted but Nicolas was far gone to hear her.

Nicolas rushed out and got in a taxi and told the driver to take him to the xxx place which the man on the phone mentioned. He shouldn't be going alone to some unknown place foolishly but he was more occupied with the fact that it has already been one year of his parents passing away and he doesn't even knew that someone has her mother's necklace.

After a ten-minute ride he reached an abandoned factory. Nicolas paid the driver and got out of the car. He took slow steps towards the building. The minute he stepped inside the factory he regretted coming here alone.

The factory was filled with spider webs and dust, it was dark inside. He was scared out of his wits, of course he would be cause this is not any action movie and for god's sake he was still a 18-year old boy still learning about the cruel world.

He flinched at the sound of door creaking. He turned around to see a man in his mid-twenties entering inside. He wore a black outfit and covered his face with a black mask and cap. Nicolas stood alerted by his presence. The man noticed Nicolas and walked to the table which was arranged before.

He took a seat and motioned Nicolas to take his seat in-front of him, the table separating them both.

"Are you the one who called me?" Nicolas asked.

"Oh, straight to the point. I like it" The man said placing his cap and mask on the table.

"Nicolas, right?" the man questioned.

"Who are you? How do you know my parents? And why the hell do you have my mother's necklace?" Nicolas bombarded him with questions.

"Calm down, boy. By the way my name is Robert" he introduced.

"Robert? As far as i know my parents don't know a person named Robert" Nicolas scrunched his face in confusion.

"Of course they don't know me" Robert said.

"Then why the hell did you have my mother's necklace?" Nicolas asked irritated.

"May be....i was there when they were killed?" Robert laughed.

"What do you mean by that? Then do you know who killed my parents?" Nicolas asked anxious.

"I do" Robert replied.

"Who is he? Do you know him?" Nicolas asked to which Robert nodded.

"What is his name?" Nicolas anxiety is kicking in and on the other side Robert is enjoying the whole situation.

He enjoys seeing people in despair.

"Tell me what is his name?" Nicolas asked once again.

"It's me the great Robert Williams"

---------------------

Hello my lovely bunnies🐇

The  one who killed his parents is infront of his eyes. What will Nicolas do?😧

Find out in Chapter-20 (Part-2)!

Leave all your suggestions and thoughts in the comments, i would love to read them!

Also don't forget to vote!

Will see you all again on Thursday!

Hope you look forward to next chapter!

Love you all❤️❤️- A\N