Chapter 2: Sleepless Nights.

"Hello you!" James wrote the next evening after classes..

"What now?" Came the reply.

"Just as lively, I see. How was your day?"

"You've made it terrible now."

"My pleasure"

"Idiot, annoying and arrogant"

"I love talking to you"

"Feelings not mutual"

"I'll change your mind one day"

"We'll see"

"What's your favourite colour?"

"What?"

"Favourite color?"

"Are you five?"

"Yes. Now answer the questions."

"It's blue. You are an idiot."

"You've made that clear already. 

Oh I love blue. We have something in common."

"That will be the only thing."

"Remains to be seen.

P.S.I have narrowed your house down to three now- Gryffindor, Slytherin and Ravenclaw."

"Why not Hufflepuff might I ask"

"You're too rude to be a Hufflepuff. No offence."

"It might surprise you but you're the first person I've ever been rude to. It might be because you stole my most prized possession"

"Not stole. Just borrowed. It's really surprising. Are you really not rude in real life? That's interesting. I think I deserve it though."

"At Least you are not ignorant."

"Was that a compliment?"

"Consider it what you want."

"I'll take it as a compliment then. 

P.S. I've decided that you are a girl. Am I right?"

"Sure and you are a boy. Definitely!"

"Yes ma'am. We are one step closer to finding each other."

"Ohh we'll see."

"Oii mate" came the loud voice of Sirius Black. "Are you writing a love letter to Evans again?" James had honestly forgotten about that since he started talking with the diary girl. He had so much in his mind and he had to figure out who the girl was. He just couldn't take it anymore.

"No…. I was just doing my homework."

"Yeah right" said Mathias Dumbledore, his other best friend. "Remus has not started it and you have. That's entirely believable."

James quickly closed the diary and put it inside his back. "Leave me alone." He said frustrated. 

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of The bed." Remus said when in fact James had not slept at all. He spent all night thinking about his mystery girl.

James believed in romance. His parents were his inspiration. Fleamont and Euphemia Potter, met in Hogwarts and spent years travelling together before getting married and settling down. They were a happy family of three. He wanted a life like them. That is why at eleven he decided that he was gonna find his wife at Hogwarts just like his father did. At twelve he decided it was Lily Evans and hence his chase after Lily started. It had been three years now and he had still not managed to get her attention and now he had this mystery girl. He didn't even know her and at fifteen, he decided he was gonna do everything he could to get to know her. He will not let anyone know about it though. This was gonna be his secret.