Chapter 34: Flora and James Potter.

One year later

It had been more than a year after graduation and Flora was working tirelessly for the Order of the Phoenix but life didn't stop at that. Flora and James were getting married. 

Mathias and Evanna had gotten married a few months prior and Alice had eloped with Frank Longbottom. 

If you would have told a younger Flora that she would get married at such a young age, she would never have believed it. But now the wedding with James, the promise of them together, forever was all Flora wanted. She had never had a proper family. Her mother and father, whom she loved dearly had died when she was young leaving her to an unloving step mother and cruel half sisters. 

She was finally gonna have a family now. Fleamont and Euphemia Potter had treated Flora like a daughter ever since they met her. They were glad James met someone like her to spend his entire life with. Flora was glad to have found a father and mother figure in them. She had longed to have someone love her like a daughter.

Ever since Flora was a child, she had dreamt of a happily ever after. She wanted a family. A sweet family with nothing but love. She wanted to have her own children so she could love them forever. This marriage between James and Flora was a promise. A promise of a family. Of love and care.

She was having a fairytale wedding. Only a few friends and family along with some new acquaintances from the Order were invited. It was a small affair.

Flora looked very much like a flower that day. She had forgotten all about the war and her worries. She had a beauty about her that was enchanting. 

She was a happy and beautiful bride walking down the aisle in a bewitching white dress which made her shine. James, waiting for her in the altar, looked at her with adoring eyes. She was his at last. All these years of longing and waiting and loving and she was finally here. Birds did not often sing their sweet melody during a war but they did when Flora and James finally said 'I do'. People had moved to tears. It was a rare sight to see such a compassionate love when there was so much hatred and darkness.

Her face was full of hope and love as she walked away, arm in arm with James, her husband, to her new home, a little cottage in a beautiful town. All she ever wanted.