Chapter 6: The Quidditch Match.

It was Gryffindor's first Quidditch match of the year against the Ravenclaws. Flora had been the chaser of the Gryffindor team since the fourth year along with James Potter and Sirius Black, much to her dismay. The trio were some of the best chasers Gryffindor had ever seen.

The announcement gave James Potter another chance to talk to Flora. The practice had begun since there was only one week before the match. The captain, Frank Longbottom, knew about the tension between James, Sirius and Flora and had given them one day to sort their differences out. Frank was a sweet guy but when it came to Quidditch, it was war for him.

Flora was forced to call truce with James and Sirius because she too was very passionate about Quidditch. She even had to shake hands with grinning James and Sirius but now they had serious times ahead of them. It was their first Quidditch match of the year.

The day was soon upon their heads. They had practiced for hours on end on the days leading to the match. Flora was ready to annihilate the opponents and so was the team.

Flora, James and Sirius were a sight to see on the pitch. They had managed to score 140 points within the first hour of the game by their excellent coordination. People had doubted if they would be any good due to the whole fight between them but Quidditch was their priority. Everyone should have known that. The score was 140-80 when Mathias caught the snitch and Gryffindor won the game.

The team immediately got down to the ground, got off their brooms and started hugging and high-fiving each other. In the middle of the chaos, Flora did not even realise she was hugging James and then it got awkward. "You played well." James said awkwardly. 

"You too." She smiled at him. James would start wars and burn cities for that smile although he didn't realize that yet.

"I am really sorry, you know. Have you really forgiven me?" Flora felt the honesty in the statement.

"Yeah. I guess I'm sorry for slapping you too."

"Nah. I deserved that."

"Yeah you did." She said and they both started laughing. All was normal again. At Least for a while. 

"Mate! What's wrong with you?" Sirius asked his best friend James. It had been months and James had not sung a song on Lily Evans. It was weird.

"Huh?"

"He means what happened to your usual self? Why aren't you planning your monthly Evans proposal?" Mathias said, shoving a piece of chocolate in his mouth.

"Maybe I'm over it now." James replied casually. All four boys jumped of their beds and came closer to James.  Sirius pretended to check his head for temperature. "No fever."

He said.

Mathias scrutinized his eyes closely. "Where is the real James. This is a prank. Right?"

He walked off from his bed. "You guys are being dramatic. It's no big deal. Okay"

"No big deal, he says." Peter comments.

"Yeah but I know something else we could do, let's make a plan on how to bring Matty and Evanna together. Merlin knows Matty would never utter a single word in front of her." James said with a mischievous grin on his face.

"You git." Came the reply and thus started another pillow fight.

"Hey! Are you still alive?" James wrote in the enchanted diary one day when all of his friends were busy and he was alone in his room.

"Yes. You weirdo." She replied.

"No really. I was thinking today. I really like having our conversations. Right? Well, what if you died tomorrow or I don't know, decided that you've had enough of me. What will I do then?"

"That's a very bizarre thought but trust me, I'll not suddenly decide to stop talking to you, as long as you do not offend me."

"Oh. Good. I'll never offend you ever then."

"I'll also try not to die."

"Yes. Very important. You do that."

"Idiot. How's your day been?"

"Good. Brilliant. Fantastic. My parent's anniversary is coming. It's the 25th. I already have all my presents wrapped."

"That's nice. Wish them on behalf of me too although I don't know how you'll frame it. 

Hey mom dad! my secret penpal wants to wish you.

Hey mom dad! The mystery girl wishes you a very happy anniversary.

It just sounds weird."

"Sure does but it reminds me, have you told anyone about us?"

"No. It's a secret. You?"

"No. I don't think my friends would leave me alone if they found out about this. They would pester me all day."

"That's the right sort of friends, I'd say."

"Right you are, Miss."

"Always am."

"Cocky much."

"Says you. I'm sure you have the biggest head in the entirety of Hogwarts."

"Only after you."

"Highly doubt that."

"I'm sure of it."

"Whatever"

Flora had kept it all a secret. To be honest, she did not even realize when it all spiralled into this. She only wanted to create enchanted diaries to talk to her friends. She wanted to surprise her friends with them but she never thought she would gain a penpal from this, not that she was complaining. 

James loved making friends. He loved talking to people and getting to know them. Therefore, he loved talking to the mystery girl and only hoped that she enjoyed talking with him as well.

_______________________________
AUTHORS NOTE:
I love Quidditch and it was really important for me to make Flora a Quidditch player.
Hope you guys are liking this. I'll be posting new updates every day now.