➜﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐀 - 1 ʬʬ﹒

Ms

Ms. Fernsby's Cottage BY Peggors

REVIEWER: Ilovvebts

⬙﹒TITLE:

Starting from the title it just simply describes the story. Although I thought maybe they could have done better but then again it's simple but it's the best. The story does revolve around that cottage so it's fine like that too.

⬙﹒COVER:

The cover is what you could imagine it would be. At first it looked good but then the more I looked at it and read the story I thought the same but with a little different text designs could be better. It is eye catching though for a mystery and thriller. Just the texts could have been better.

⬙﹒BLURB:

Now this is the most important for me as a Reader and also a Reviewer. I hate when people write it messily and sometimes it seems organised just because they wanted to be a little bit mysterious about the plot. They didn't do that though. Simply put, in a few words what this story is about but when I read further I found out so many more things. The blurb attracts you to read and at the same time it deceives you as well later on.

⬙﹒GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:

Now for a person writing for the first time there were less mistakes. Maybe you edited it well before posting. I pointed out just a few here and there. You were clear and neat about it so it wasn't hard to read. Because sometimes when there's some grammatical errors it irritates me but thankfully you didn't do all that much.

⬙﹒PLOT:

The plot started out directly with a boom, which is what I expect in a thriller and mystery.

The plot started out nicely and smoothly. The only thing I found unpleasant is the emotions which I'll explain later.

Since this is a book I would like the book's chapters to be a bit more lengthy. A book is more interesting than a movie because there are more things that can thrill you, so I want it to be a little bit lengthy and more thrilling.

⬙﹒CHARACTER AND THEIR DEVELOPMENT:

Now this is what I'm excited to talk about here. I loved each character. Even though I feel like there could have been more of Fernsby's character space like you did with Clarence. You described his madness so well in my POV even though there could have been more usage of heavy words.

I really wanted Fernsby's POV when she picked up angelica. I wanted her POV at first. I felt that something was missing about Ella Fernsby and that was the plot twist. I was surprised by the twist. I still wish you could have made it more lengthy because this book needs it.

⬙﹒PACE OF THE STORY:

Now this can be an actual problem. No, I don't have a problem with the pace. I want the writer to be a little smooth when she's jumping from one scenario to another. When you're switching the scenarios or the time skip please do it a little bit more smoothly. Give it a pause, take it slow, and input more things and expressions. I think you just need to watch these little things.

⬙﹒WRITING STYLE:

I loved your writing style but it isn't smooth with the switching of the scenarios and some emotions. You write the fear and the thrill so perfectly and smoothly but not the soft ones. There should be a balance between them.

Even if it's a thriller story when there's a soft moment you need to explain it thoroughly like you do in the thrilling part. I just felt that missing. Please improve it and your book will be worth turning into a series I would like to watch.

Much compliments to you  about the thrilling scenes.

⬙﹒ENDING:

It's still ongoing so no comments on this.

⬙﹒PERSONAL ENJOYMENT:

Ah!!! Of course the enjoyment.

I had fun reading it. I like reading thrillers and mysteries. I could never read it if it wasn't for this shop so I'm glad I'm part of it.

My enjoyment was at full capacity despite some lack of things. The story kept me hooked and I'd like to read more. There isn't a part where I wanted to skip or put it down. They did a good job at keeping the readers hooked I must say.

Change some things as I mentioned and your story will be worth making a movie or series. Honest opinion hun.

⬙﹒DETAILED REVIEW:

I felt like I've covered so much but there are still things I want to mention in this section. Please put more emotions after every dialogue and also stretch it a little bit. This story needs a little bit of stretch of emotions. You can work on that. You explain the situations and the incidents happening so well but still put more words as well in emotions. Whether it's a thrilling scene or not, describe it with the length.